Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Tornado Alley Cobra Club (Eastern Oklahoma)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 08-03-2010, 07:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default 93 Octane

I was wondering if anybody knows in Bixby/Jenks or South Tulsa or for that matter any of Tulsa that has 93 octane with out ethanol.

I just got my BDR Cobra (will post pics soon) and it has a Roush 427 SR/TW. all I can find is 91 octane, both Roush and the builder recommend 93. It has aluminium heads so they say that I may not be able to detect knocking as well.

I have read the very well written article on volvospeed about octane and octane boosters and would like to simplify by just buying gas with the AKI of 93. If not I will use the Lucas booster due to its test data.

Thank you for your help. I just recieved it on Friday, and want to take some pics with a good backdrop, but seeing that 102 weather makes everything dead brown, might just settle for some in driveway pics.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #298 427 FI
Not Ranked     

Cant specifically help you but you may want to carry a couple bottles of Lucas octane booster just in case. 2 bottles will definately raise your octane 3 points. 1 bottle will raise 10 gallons 3 points so 2 should do it.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

mpanten is right and I also carry a couple bottles of the octane booster. I think the most you can boost your octane is 2 or three points. But, what I do is go by Mikes speed shop or Gran Prix and mix in about 5 gals of 110 octane with my 91 octane. I just spoke to a friend of mine at the Sun Refinery and he tells me that both Tulsa and OKC have dropped the 93 octane fuel. I don't know if the Sinclair refinery still makes 93 octane or not.

I would love to see your car when you are ready. Maybe we can meet at the one of the cruise ins on Tues or Sat.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 08-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 289 c.i. with a T-5 "Living the Cobra Experience"
Not Ranked     

Tulsa Cobra,

Congrats on getting your Cobra! Make sure to post some pictures. If you're interested, a bunch of us car/Cobra nuts have some events planned for this month, in short they are:

August 7th. - car show in Vinita with a cruise-in afterwards

August 21st. - BBQ at a fellow Cobra friends place in Grove with a cruise-in at Grove that evening. I understand that a "surprise guest" from the Cobra manufacturers world may join us at the BBQ!

August 28th. - car show at Lake Hudson in Salina

We have a few more things planned in September too. I'm in the process of putting a couple of cruises together throughout the remainder of the year.

If you want more info on any of these events, send me a pm or e-mail me at projectscales@hotmail.com

See ya,
Randy

"Living the Cobra Experience"

Last edited by Juggernaut; 08-03-2010 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: Sentence structure
Old 08-03-2010, 10:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

I found some 93 octane in a couple of places but they all have ethenol which hasn't hurt my engine in 10 years.

im sure you guys already know but quick trip at 61st and hiway 169 has 93 octane on one pump only.
BTW, it is the southwest pump on the highway side

Also, on the south side of town they sell it at the Okmulgee Shell Travel Mart. I am told there are a couple independent stations on the Northeast part of Tulsa.

I hope this helps.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 08-03-2010, 12:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via MSN to CowtownCobra
Not Ranked     

Ethanol @ 10% hasn't seemed to do any damage so far. But there is talk by our illustrious leaders to go to 15%. That scares me...
Old 08-03-2010, 02:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters '66 427 Replica-SOLD
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowtownCobra View Post
Ethanol @ 10% hasn't seemed to do any damage so far. But there is talk by our illustrious leaders to go to 15%. That scares me...
15% is not stable and that is why the lower limit is set at 10% max......most that I find has about 8%!! BTW, ethanol is more expensive than gasoline and they wouldn't even use any if the Gov't didn't make them!!!

From 10% ETO to abut 75% ETO it is an ugly, unstable mixture....the E-85 at 85% ETO!!

My $.02....FWIW??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: