Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Tornado Alley Cobra Club (Eastern Oklahoma)

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 09-10-2010, 12:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Hallett

Was wondering if anyone ever raced at Hallett Raceway. I am thinking about the HST series (non competitive, run what you brung). My only concern is that of those who raced there did you recieve any damage, such as rock chips ect. If I do go, and end up ditching the car becuase of my own stupidity (trust me, I will be driving 5/10 at most) ( I have also gone to several certified driving school, the last one being the 2 day BMW M school just last year) I can accept that more than getting a lot of rock chips.

I bought the car to drive and I really want to drive it, though, only having 400 hundred miles, I still want to do some showing and babying it as well.

FYI, you are looking at a driving school the M school is top notch. It was one of the best life expirences that I ever had, and I don't even own a BMW.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 351w, T5
Not Ranked     

You might send a PM to (Dons429AC) He is from Yukon and I think he has ran there a few times. I have been tempted to take my car Hallett a few times and probably will soon. I raced Modifieds on dirt a few years back and still get the bug ever once a while do a little racing.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Several of us have been out there for the HST series and it is a blast. For around $100 for the day you get multiple sessions, in fact you will probably be to tired to make the last one. No chips to speak of but since this is your first year to own your Cobra I would take some blue 3m tape and tape the area in front of your rear tires (spat area). Another area you might want to tape would be the lower area where your oil cooler would set. My cobra is 11 years old and it still looks good (a few chips here or there) and it has some small chips I call patena. I have never taped any of my painted area.

I think you would enjoy Run N Gun immensely because of the way we run the event plus it is on a brand new track. No door to door racing only limited passing and everyone is on a transponder to record their fastest lap.

HST is a blast and you will meet some pretty nice folks out there. Scott Stephens and his staff are really good too and will keep your experience safe. Let me know when you go and maybe several of us can join you.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"

Last edited by Clois Harlan; 09-14-2010 at 10:05 AM..
Old 09-14-2010, 10:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #968 / Genesis 427 Aluminum S/O
Not Ranked     

Hallett is very easy on the paint. Keep plenty of distance from the car in front to keep the rubber debris from bouncing on the hood.

Clois, Hastings: great track but very hard on the paint. Their pavement has very small aggregate that gets pitched up and sand blasts the windsheilds. But that was racing, not tracking.
SPF #968 w/ Genesis Aluminum 427 S/O
CVAR vintage racer: 1965 Mustang Fastback w/ HP 302

Last edited by LuvDaBlues; 09-14-2010 at 10:18 AM..
Old 09-21-2010, 01:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     

We really enjoyed Hallet in 09 ran the track backwards on sat at the Ford fest alot of fun, not I didnt have enough brakes to run allout for more than 4 laps though.Running easy should be no problem.I love how Hallet rolls though the hills its a fun 1 for shure.RunNGun is tops though you should give it a try at least once,you will keep going back!
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: