Turn Ten Racing, Inc. and D&D Cobra of Quebec
Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Turn Ten Racing and D&D Cobra
User Name
Password
Club Cobra Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 04-01-2008, 09:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default How many D&D Cobra owners are out there?

I expect this question is mainly directed at Canadians but please correct me if I am wrong. I bought my package from Don in June of 06 and recieved it about Sept. 09. Project still under consruction, if all goes well and I don't have many more personal interuptions I'll be on the road no later than May of 09. I ask this question in hoping a network will get going for those none experienced builders. A place to ask and get answers. Just for the record I am out in B.C.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Cobra International body Waltech frame

Hawkeye,
I know he has a great roller,..and a awesome rate at that. I am also familiar with one of his roadsters not far from my snake. It was spotted in Wasaga beach. (1 hr north of Toronto)
Old 04-01-2008, 11:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hawkeye,
I bought a body from D&D, and it got delivered at the same time you recieved yours, except mine has the fiberglass floor. I am located out in Oliver, it is in the Okanagan. For the record for everyone else that is also in BC. I am far from finishing mine, but hoping for a summer 09 finish...
Old 04-02-2008, 03:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006

Cobra Make & Engine: Emerson cobra, 460 550HP

I've been to Don's place a couple of time's....he really does nice work, my buddy is soon to pick up a kit from Don after seeing his work, my buddy is more than convienced that D&D is the way to go.

Joseph
Old 04-04-2008, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Question

I'm surprized at the lack of response. I would have thought there was more owners out there than has respnded todate, especially in eastern Canada.
Don makes a great product. There is a lot of similarities to the Factory Five but no donor parts and the sale he has on now I don't think can be beat.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: D&D Cobra,302 stock for now,IRS
Send a message via Yahoo to michel schryer
Smile My D&D Cobra appeared yesterday...

Yesterday i was sick and i was outside waiting for something i've been waiting for years to happen since the first day i saw my first Cobra in '88. I knew then i would own one some day. The big semi pulled around the corner of my street and i got the chills,it was finally here. The driver opened the big doors and there it was,alone in the back,tied down like a tiger,looking mean and beautiful all at once,i could already hear the engine roaring and the side pipes shaking. First word that came out of my mouth was "SWEEEEET". I could already see how awsome that car will look like once finished. The suspension sits perfectly under the wheelwell and am i glad i bought those team 3 wheels,they're beautiful wheels with the fat "Kelly Charger" tires,what a nice combo,kick ass look everything i was expecting. Now that i have all the colors,it's up to me to turn this canvas into a master piece. The journey has finally started..............

Thanks Don !
Old 04-04-2008, 12:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Michel, good to here from you and congratulations. Since you have the IRS what size rims did you get and what is the back spacing?
Old 04-04-2008, 04:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Wink

Thanks Hawkeye i put 15" and i let Donald figure out the backspacing for me 'cause i wanted him to ship me a roller,i have no idea what it is. My wheels are kickass,i'm so glad i went with the Team 3's,the quality is outstanding,worth every pennies.
If this cold can leave my body i will start doing some serious work on this baby this week end.
How far did you get with yours,any concerns so far? Stay in touch and we'll talk later,cheers.
Michel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Michel, good to here from you and congratulations. Since you have the IRS what size rims did you get and what is the back spacing?
Old 04-06-2008, 09:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Michel, build as mentioned has gone slow. I have done a pre fit with most of the sheet metal and drilled all the holes. Did a pre fit of the motor and tranny c/w headers. One problem I came across was the drivers side header was to long and interfered with the body so I had to get it shorten. I have now torn it all down and starting to put it back together in a final state. I have made some minor modifications, like a small compartment in the trunk just over the diff for tools or something. After seeing the clearance on the passenger foot box and the headers I made the footbox 2" wider, more comfort. I am also having to build some kind of heat shield to protect the master cylinders. I expect the big block to throw off a fair amount of heat and I don't want the fluid in the masters to boil.

Outside of the header problem which Don said he will compensate me, the only other issue was when the package arrived the body had sustained some damage. Don came through and shipped a new body. I have to admit when it comes to customer service Don has been very good, no complaints.

Good luck and stay in contact. Still surprized there hasn't been more chatter from other owners.

Last edited by Hawkeye; 04-07-2008 at 07:42 AM..
Old 04-07-2008, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default Hey cousin!

Hawkeye,nice to see your progressing on your build.My kit was OK when it arrived,mind you i'm just 6-7 hours from Don. I did the inventory last friday and stuff was missing but i spoke with Don and he will ship the rest whenever he can. I have yet to build a body buck this week-end so i can see what's underneath that fiberglass body.
I don't think the hydraulic fluid would boil in your masters,did you talk to some people about that. It probably has a high boiling point otherwise when you brake hard with the heat generated,the brakes would fade. It's another mode that take more time. I will look at the foot boxes as well,maybe expand where i can after the engine and tranny will be in for mock-up. It's kinda tight in there with the seats. Lots of modes to do but it will be fun.Keep in touch and let me know of your problems,we'll try to share but your ahead of me and i don't think i'm in a big hurry to finish 'cause i could be anal at times but i want to keep it simple. Cheers!

Michel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Michel, build as mentioned has gone slow. I have done a pre fit with most of the sheet metal and drilled all the holes. Did a pre fit of the motor and tranny c/w headers. One problem I came across was the drivers side header was to long and interfered with the body so I had to get it shorten. I have now torn it all down and starting to put it back together in a final state. I have made some minor modifications, like a small compartment in the trunk just over the diff for tools or something. After seeing the clearance on the passenger foot box and the headers I made the footbox 2" wider, more comfort. I am also having to build some kind of heat shield to protect the master cylinders. I expect the big block to throw off a fair amount of heat and I don't want the fluid in the masters to boil.

Outside of the header problem which Don said he will compensate me, the only other issue was when the package arrived the body had sustained some damage. Don came through and shipped a new body. I have to admit when it comes to customer service Don has been very good, no complaints.

Good luck and stay in contact. Still surprized there hasn't been more chatter from other owners.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: DD cobra roller ;body ??
Default DD cobra frame on old body shell

hi i got my roller frame from DD about 2 years back you can see pics in gallery ,will update soon,just put knock offs with goodyear billboards on today that Don set me up with look great dont regret my move
will be checking for your build pics

tmck
Old 04-07-2008, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmck View Post
hi i got my roller frame from DD about 2 years back you can see pics in gallery ,will update soon,just put knock offs with goodyear billboards on today that Don set me up with look great dont regret my move
will be checking for your build pics

tmck
Hi tmck, can you change your discription on the right corner no more everret
thanks Don,
Old 04-08-2008, 07:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: D&D Cobra EVO 5

I picked up my D&D EVO 5 roller in January and am extremely pleased with Don's knowledge and craftsmanship. The attention to detail is great and each car is built to your specifications. I am from Maine here in the states and met Don at Carlisle last summer. Since then Don has taken many Saturday mornings with me at his shop going over things and customizing to my wants and needs without any hesitation. The challenge is now mine to pull this car together which I am currently moving forward on. The build thread that Don has posted is coming in extremley handy and he is always only a phone call away. It would be interesting to see progress pics of builds by other fellow D&D owners. Build on!!
Old 04-09-2008, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Now that I have this picture thing figured out, there is now some pictures in my gallery of the build. There is more so if you have some specific thing you are looking for let me know.

Last edited by Hawkeye; 04-09-2008 at 09:56 AM..
Old 03-04-2012, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hi Guys,

I will be picking up my D&D Cobra in April, Don is a great person to deal with. There is a D&D Cobra owner 30 min from me and he is Very happy with the car.

I can't wait !!

Joe
Old 03-10-2012, 04:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Where's New Lowell,mine is in Georgetown,On and is coming out the paint shop as soon as the weather is nice,I just thought I could drive by your place and show you what a DD can look like once finished but I don't know if you live too far,have fun with it !

Michel
Old 03-10-2012, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel schryer View Post
Where's New Lowell,mine is in Georgetown,On and is coming out the paint shop as soon as the weather is nice,I just thought I could drive by your place and show you what a DD can look like once finished but I don't know if you live too far,have fun with it !

Michel
Hello,
New Lowell is 20 min N/W of Barrie the postal is code L0M 1N0 if you want to google it. BTW i'm 20min south of Greg he also has a D&D.

I would love to see your car and meet you I was also reading your posts about the build process and I got to see Gregs car that's why I bought from Don, his work is much better then the other guys.

Joe

Last edited by Joey.S; 03-10-2012 at 04:20 PM..
Old 04-01-2012, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

I went to see Greg before I bought my D'D to see what kind of kit it was. Greg is awesome,gave me a lot of tips and help through the process when I needed advices about this kit. Didn't know nothing about kit cars and what I was getting into. It's been a big learning process for me though I am mechanically incline it wasn't too hard but frustrating with the process at times. My car was almost ready when I went to pick it up to discover that they had sold my windshield to another Cobra customer " By mistake they claim". Now I'm waiting for a phone call to pick up my finished Cobra. Brace yourself,it's a fun hobby but it has a fare share of challenges. I'll get back to you later and have fun,it's very rewarding after it's done.

MichelQUOTE=Joey.S;1180358]Hello,
New Lowell is 20 min N/W of Barrie the postal is code L0M 1N0 if you want to google it. BTW i'm 20min south of Greg he also has a D&D.

I would love to see your car and meet you I was also reading your posts about the build process and I got to see Gregs car that's why I bought from Don, his work is much better then the other guys.

Joe[/quote]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: