Turn Ten Racing, Inc. and D&D Cobra of Quebec
Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Turn Ten Racing and D&D Cobra
User Name
Password
Club Cobra Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 02-22-2006, 04:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Send a message via AIM to mj_duell
Default TTR / EVO 5 Aluminum Panel fitting pics

Hi Everyone,
I thought I would get our posts going again today. We had a pretty good start before the CC site crash and I miss the member and customer interaction. Here is a picture Don sent me of the aluminum panel fitting on a new EVO 5 frame. More pictures will be posted later, but there are more to look at in the gallery right now.

Turn Ten Racing and D&D Cobra Gallery:
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...y.php?cat=3059

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Mike,

Why is the passenger footbox shorter than the driver's?

Thanks,

David
Old 02-23-2006, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hi David,
Actually, the driver and passenger foot room is the same. The box is extended slightly on the drivers side to allow for the floor mounted Titlon 3 pedal assembly.

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing.

Last edited by mj_duell; 02-23-2006 at 09:35 AM..
Old 02-23-2006, 09:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

However, if where the pedals went is just dead space on the passenger side, why not put it in the passenger compartment were it could be used for feet or storage rather than the engine compartment. In the interior it could also be used for an I-Squared controller, ECU, or traction control.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hi David,
I'm not sure why Don opted to do it this way, but I'm sure he has his reasons. I believe in the end he had to split the remaining space between the header pipes and your foot and only wanted to make just enough room for the pedal assembly. I would assume there was no point in moving the box deeper on the passenger side because there is plenty of space. You can't put electronics in there, although I love your idea, because it would be hard to get to them and they may be affected by heat. Don is out for a few days, but I'll have him comment when he gets back.

Thanks,

Old 02-23-2006, 08:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

I noticed a gap around what I assume is a 2" pipe going into the passenger foot box. How does Don seal that gap from the heat and other things like moisture ,dirt, gases etc.? I would think logically that he would shorten up the 2" frame so it would be in the foot box.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hi Hawkeye,
The bar gap in the aluminum around the foot box tube is covered later by a sound deadener / heat shielding from the inside. It is actually a very small space. The foot box tube extends past the end for a few reasons; as a safety measure in case of impact and to match the length of the driver’s side tube, which was extended for the pedal assembly. There is plenty of foot box room laterally so there is no reason to extend the box deeper. Keep in mind we have moved the cockpit seat wall back 3/4 inch and dropped the foot box floor 2 inches for more room as well. If a need every came up to extend the box, say we had to fit someone measuring 6' 8", we could easily modify this. The frame was designed to allow more room than most rollers using a standard 427 SC body. There are more pictures coming soon!

Old 02-24-2006, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

I see a theme here.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNJ
I see a theme here.
Excuse Me? What do you mean? I will hold my comments until you clarify.

Old 02-24-2006, 09:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Maybe the passenger footbox should be deeper.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Or maybe not. The box is fine. If you want it deeper, we will do that for you. You know that because of our monthly production limit we have time to modify any part of the car to customer specifications. The standard foot box is the same length and is as deep as any other passenger foot box on the market.

Old 02-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Bought an Exact carbon car in TX. Bought a 427 sideoiler with 630 HP

Very very nice looking piece.
John
Old 02-25-2006, 03:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Thanks double ugly
That was a little stange writing that. I will make sure Don knows you like his work.

Old 02-26-2006, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Regarding the gap around the 2" tubing on the passenger foot box. First if you are trying to seal it with the heat shield material on the inside, water will still get in around that 2" pipe. The heat shield material is only like a carpet underlay. Secondly the heat shield material I believe only comes with the Turnkey model not the "Roller Plus". Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Regarding the gap around the 2" tubing on the passenger foot box. First if you are trying to seal it with the heat shield material on the inside, water will still get in around that 2" pipe. The heat shield material is only like a carpet underlay. Secondly the heat shield material I believe only comes with the Turnkey model not the "Roller Plus". Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hi Haweye,
There is no water problem at all and this is getting a little over blown. Basically you guys are guessing. Wait until the final pictures and assembly are shown. This is not the first EVO to leave the shop. Don't you think we would have had some complaints by now? I am not talking about the heat shield material that covers the entire foot box on our turn key-minus rollers (this is a special service and not standard). It is not just "a carpet underlay" either it's a quilted aluminum sheet with 1700 degree fire insulation, but that is another discussion. The material I am tallking about is only to fill the small gap. It completely seals the gap from the inside. Our panel fit is very tight and you will not have any heat or water problem. Why would we design and build a great frame and suspention set-up and ruin it over something simple? I suggest you take a look first hand in Quebec or Rochester. Also, as many here know, we build each roller as a custom piece. If you wish the aluminum to end around the footbox bar we can do that, however you will not be able to run a big block or modular motor.

Last edited by mj_duell; 02-26-2006 at 05:59 PM..
Old 02-26-2006, 09:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Mike, I don't feel anything is getting over blown. I think you need to settle down just a tad. With the information that is given mainly pictures it raised a question or two. I found your explanation just a little vague, so I thought it needed a little clarification that's all. I have lots of patience, and I look forward in seeing more pictures which presumably will clarify everything up. I don't think anybody is being critical of the product just looking for more information that may or not be obvious.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hawkeye,
Please don't misunderstand, I am not mad at all. I'm sorry if it seems that way. I was vague in my previous answer because I did not feel it was going to be an issue and it was a simple passing question. I just think we need to wait until all the pictures are in. Don and I break our backs making sure customers are happy and the product is excellent. You really do need to take a look first hand.

--Mike

Last edited by mj_duell; 02-27-2006 at 02:39 AM..
Old 02-27-2006, 07:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Mike,
I was just looking at your gallery photo's of the frame. Very impressive!
Larry
Old 02-27-2006, 08:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hi Larry,
I've been following your Hurricaine build for the last 5 months or so. You do nice clean work and will end up with a great replica. Thanks for the compliment on the frame, Don is very happy with it and so am I. I will get more pictures posted soon.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: