Turn Ten Racing, Inc. and D&D Cobra of Quebec
Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Turn Ten Racing and D&D Cobra
User Name
Password
Club Cobra Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2006, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default The Good, The Bad and the Excellant

Hi all, I just want to say I have finally joined the family of owning a Cobra kit. Being a Canadian it was a big challenge choosing a kit because of the anal regulations with Transport Canada. After doing a lot of research I came to the conclusion to by a kit from D&D Cobra in Quebec. I flew out to Quebec and looked Don’s operation over and the kits he had underway. At the time he had a small operation with plans to expand but I like the quality I saw. This is the good news.

The bad news came when the kit arrived and there was freight damage. Two examples of the damage was quite obvious from the get go and the freight company accepted responsibility for one with no problem. The problems arrived because when I received the kit we left for a 5 week vacation within a couple of days and I wasn’t able to look it over in detail. When I returned I started to get serious, that’s when I removed the tape keeping the doors closed and low and behold the body was cracked through. The emails started a flying and the freight company started to question and deny responsibility, saying things like why did I wait so long to point the damage out, basically inferring it was my fault for the damage.

Now for the excellent news. I kept Don informed of the e-mails and after a couple weeks Don stepped forward and is now sending out a new body and hopefully when it arrives it will be freight damaged free. He said he will carry on the fight with the freight company. Talk about excellent customer service, at least in my opinion.

At this time if you are looking for a kit with a bird cage frame that you want to assemble yourself, I can highly recommend D&D Cobra (Turn Ten Racing) especially if you are a Canadian. It has a lot of similarities to FFR but enough differences to make it unique. I am in the very early stages of assembly and I have been reassured of the quality so far.

Just to give you a little info on what I am building. I got the EVO5 bird cage frame, with the T-Bird IRS. Tubular front and rear control arms and Afco coil overs. There is going to be a 429 BB with a Toploader tranny. I also got D&D’s front and rear sway bar option. The kit comes with just about everything including the Cobra Autometer gauges, seats, carpet etc. Take a look at the Turn Ten Web Site.

The down side is the kit does not come with a manual. So you guys and gals are going to have to put up with all my silly questions. So stay tuned for them.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Send a message via AIM to mj_duell

Hi Hawkeye,
Glad to hear everything worked out. Don had told me about the frieght damage and I am glad you recieved the cutomer service you would expect. I remember talking to you about the roller when you first started looking and I am glad you decided to go with us. TTR has been working on completing the manual for a while now, but progress has been slow. We will be sending copies to Don when we get it done and he can forward a copy to you. The roller, like most other kits on the market is really not that complex of a build. With the sways, suspension and steering already done you should be in good shape. Let me know if TTR can help in anyway. Please post pictures of your build as you progress. Have a great winter.

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.