Turn Ten Racing, Inc. and D&D Cobra of Quebec
Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Turn Ten Racing and D&D Cobra
User Name
Password
Club Cobra Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-05-2008, 07:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hi Greg,

I hope that helpls !
Don,

Old 05-05-2008, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: D&D Cobra,302 stock for now,IRS
Send a message via Yahoo to michel schryer
Wink Need pictures of how look the steering wheel installation

Don I think i'm missing steering pieces,can you show pictures of the steering wheel the way you connect it with the horn and all,wires arrangement if you can. I look at my column and i wonder how I'm going to install the steering with the horn,how it works. All I have is the column and a black plastic pieces with a short black wire (ground i guess) sticking out and a circular brass piece on it (contact). I don't have a cap that cover the steering wheel to push on when you want to beep the horn. If you don't understand what i mean give me a call. Hopefully when i have my steering i can figure what i'm missing but a picture is worth a thousand words,thanks !

Michel (many sheet metal piece removed,almost ready to remove the trunk panels)
Old 05-06-2008, 06:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Hi Michel,

You will receve the hub adapter and the 14'' wheel. the 14'' was b.o from finish line they sent me some wheels last week
Thanks Don,

Old 05-06-2008, 11:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Thanks Don,I Knew by looking at my steering column that i was missing something to complete the installation,great. Continue your good work i'll keep you posted ! Merci beaucoup

Michel
Old 05-07-2008, 11:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

More photos

Don,
Old 05-07-2008, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Don, since you have the dash mounted do have any pictures looking down on the mounted dash showing the mount points especially the outer ends before the body went on? Also a picture showing the dash with the body on would be nice.

In addition do you have any pictures showing both the front and rear inner splash guards or sometimes refered to as elephant ears. How are they mounted? Plus pictures from the inside showing the lower door sills.

I noticed on your dash you have a key start ignition. Is this something new as I didn't get one of those in my kit package.

Last edited by Hawkeye; 05-07-2008 at 08:49 PM..
Old 05-08-2008, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default Questions,questions.

Hi Don,I know it's far down the road for me but when your at that stage can you put pictures of how the hood,doors and trunk are mounted. I want to see the hinges,door strickers and the trunk pin when you close it,where is it installed ?
Also if you put wiper motor a view from the front and top of the set up.
I also noticed two lines coming out on the firewall above the steering column,what are they and where are they going on the engine. Thanks for the pictures again.

Michel
Old 05-09-2008, 02:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: D&D
Default Bumpsteer

Don if I am reading the pictures right the rack is way forward and lower and with the extension on the idler arm does the steering rod and forward lower a arm now run on the same plane? Now how much for the bumpsteer kit and what does it include? It looks like the steering shaft has to be longer as well.
Cheers Greg
Old 05-13-2008, 08:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Don, do you have pictures of the e-brake set ups?? How it attaches to the IRS caliper and the routing of the cables. Where the bracket attaches close to the handle.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Don why don't you put the whole build on pictures as you go,it's going to come to that anyway for us novice,we want to see how you installed pretty much everything so we can copy what you did or pretty much,after all we want to represent you proudly,so it has to be well put together.

Michel
Old 05-13-2008, 10:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Yes pictures please i was thinking about going to montreal to look at your kit. i am from vancouver and looking to build a cobra.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

i will post more photo of the built, sorry the car is out for painting.

Don,
Old 05-13-2008, 11:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Herc, you are more than welcome to come and see my D&D kit and I live in Langley which is a little closer than Montreal. Let me know and I will get you a phone number.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

I assume the car must be back from painting any updated pictures? Interior before and after carpet, dash pictures, inner splash panels etc.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: D&D Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Herc, you are more than welcome to come and see my D&D kit and I live in Langley which is a little closer than Montreal. Let me know and I will get you a phone number.

Hawkeye, I may just take you up on that offer as Dad and I are just in the early stages of our build. Would love to pick some locals brains on the subject (We are in Vancouver)
Old 07-09-2008, 08:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Don, it's been awhile. Any updates on the photo's that have been previously asked for? (dash install, door sills before carpet install etc.)
Old 07-11-2008, 09:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Wink

Hawkeye,i spoke with Don last week and he said he will put more pictures but he's busy,busy,you have to be patient like me. I want to see some dash wiring routing as well door latches,windshield fitting,etc. I'm waiting on my headers to trial fit my sidepipes,last week i forgot i didn't have them and i riveted my D/S floor,ooops ! Good luck with your project.

Michel
Old 08-14-2008, 06:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Question

Donald do you have some pictures of the dash wiring from the back and how you installed your dash,the seats installed in relation to the body,my seat is pretty crooked in relation to my steering,those seats seem to be bigger and if i try to move them to the left,i will be over the big beam which prevent me from installing the bolts,bla,bla,bla.....
This has been dead for a while....pictures,pictures...please,thank you.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Michel, I know you said Donald is busy but I would have thouht there would have been some updated pictures by now. It's been months since we have heard from him.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default The pictures....

Hawkeye i'm still checking once in a while but no pictures. I would like too to see more pictures since Donald didn't have a build manual which makes that project even more challenging for a first time builder. I don't know how many times i had to remove stuff because i didn't figure out the order on how to put the parts together. It's hard to figure out sometimes and it's time consuming. I bought the FFR book before i started and tried to follow it a bit but it's a different kit,sheet metal doesn't fit the same. Next time i talk to Donald i'll ask him. How far are you in your build ? Mine is going slow 'cause i want to make sure before i put something on. I made my second big mistake already so it's easy to F... it up when you don't have guidelines. The good thing though is that Donald is always there when i call him,and he said that i can call him anytime if i have issues which i will. Yeah,more pictures would be nice,good luck !

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: