Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Turn Ten Racing and D&D Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/turn-ten-racing-d-d-cobra/)
-   -   For US Customer best price ever !!! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/turn-ten-racing-d-d-cobra/92485-us-customer-best-price-ever.html)

ddcobra 10-21-2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marky (Post 891161)
I could well be interested. a good web site would help.
You are 5 hours from me.

I have just sold my FFR and like what I see but the details are so sketchy.

How would importation work?

If Picked up can it be brought over the border??

With out a broblem you can go across the border. If you like i can go accross the border Take care of the importation for you .Just let me know if you want to do something.
Don,

Three Peaks 10-21-2008 05:57 PM

Marky,
If you've followed the DDcobra threads from the start, you'll see that they are basically a clone of the Factory Five car with some better and more complete components.

mbelan2 10-21-2008 06:20 PM

D&D has packaged up an unbeatable product for the money! After making several trips to his shop and also FFR's I was really impressed with the D&D EVO5. I will be the first to admit that the website could use a bit more information but the craftsmanship of the cars speaks for its self. I am from the states and purcashed the EVO 5 from Don this past January. I had zero trouble coming across the border and actually the agents were more intrigued with the car than anything. FFR is a good product but unfortunatly you end up paying for the marketing campaign when it comes time to write the check! If anyone has any questions about my experience with D&D I would be happy to talk further.

Marc

marky 10-21-2008 06:37 PM

Believe me, I want to see a good Cobra chassis and kit and was disappointed by the demise of turn Ten.

My comments are in relation to the lack of web based information. How can I be informed with that web site. How is a guy expected to shell out 20 Large based on that info. seriously...would anyone shell out any money based on that?

Until this thread I was pretty much set on saving for a Kirkham. This is of interest as I will never buy an FFR product again. (That answers the nice guy who refered me to FFR on this thread.) However I want a car that has a birdcage and substantial round tube chassis.

I am more than intrigued but really don't want to have the 5 hour trip, just to go fact finding.

To those that don't like my comments go to DDs web site for INFORMATION and see how you make out.

next, try race car replicas, shell valley, everett morrison, ERA, Dax, street beasts, Kirkham and FFR.

At this point you will see what I mean.

marky 10-21-2008 06:43 PM

Cobras, Which part of "I would like an alternative to Factory Five" didn't you understand. I have no intention of buying a FFR and for the record having re read everything, your post is the Pissyiest that I see.
Now please do me a favor and go away.

maxum_101 10-21-2008 06:58 PM

hahahaha maybe try calling ddcobra or ask for info from him or others who have got a ddcobra before knocking his website down .

some people are just too quick with the tounge

anyhow sorry ddcobra for all crap on your posting

and for marky mark ill be going now, you have a good night and take care of that will ya :LOL:

marky 10-21-2008 07:06 PM

Hey, you are right...nothing wrong with DD's web site...My bad. Its full of information. I enjoyed all three pages and am reaching for the check book as I type!

And if the web site is that good I would imagine all other sales literature will be first class also.

mrmustang 10-21-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marky (Post 891198)
Hey, you are right...nothing wrong with DD's web site...My bad. Its full of information. I enjoyed all three pages and am reaching for the check book as I type!

And if the web site is that good I would imagine all other sales literature will be first class also.

Mark,

Even in this day and age you have very successful companies with little to no web presence. On the flip side, you have some really terrible company offerings with absolutely stunning web sites designed to suck in the consumer and his/her money for a truly inferior product. If you are truly interested in a D&D, why not take the small road trip to view it in person instead of lambasting the owner (for a language barrier issue) here on Club Cobra for not spending the money on a web site guru to make your life easier. Sheesh, cut the guy a break as all he is trying to do is earn a decent living while offering a quality product..........I like you, but in this case I do not believe you are being prissy, but a bit on the petty side.....If what I just wrote makes you angry, go back and reread what you posted today and look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself "did I really post that"?................

Regardless, here is wishing you well.

Sincerely,

Bill S.

berzerko 10-22-2008 05:16 AM

I have been folloowing this thread and D&D looks like they make a nice product for a very nice price. If I were looking for another build I would be calling the owner to contact people who have built one and take a look

Like Mr mustang said bashing the lack of a web -site is counter productive

Bobby

RMHINC 10-22-2008 06:06 AM

Backdraft Cobra

Marky, I saw your post & I know what you mean.Check out (www.vintage-motorsports.com) & talk to Jay. They are a sponsor on this forum & sell Backdraft Cobra's & now the new BDR GT built by CAV for Backdraft. They are also about 6 months away from the New BDR Daytona Coupe. When I got my 1st Cobra I had looked @ kits & used FFR's and quickly learned the difference & got a Backdraft. I'm on my 2nd BDR Cobra, I sold my 1st car for a profit after a year of use . I didn't want to sell it but could not refuse the deal so I ordered another one.They are in Wallingford CT & probably not a bad ride from MA.? They have sold other cars in MA & all over the east coast the states & over sea's .Top notch guys from start to finish & the BDR is a factory built car, (not to mention the ride, performance & other standard features )an MSO & no problem to register. Check the site you will be amazed & they do a complete build log of every car. My new Cobra is build # 656 & my BDR GT is build # 3. Jay has 2 guys right now trying to sell there FFR's to get BDR's. He has some very special pricing & end of season specials ?

Good Luck

ddcobra 10-22-2008 06:48 AM

Thans guys for your posts,

Here are some of the good sides of our kits.

1..Flamming River steering column
2..Flamming River collapsable shaft
3..Tilton 3 pedals
4..4''drop floor
5..QA1 big body shocks
6..IRS fully adjustable
7..Complet rolling chassis(all factory assembly)
8..Flawless body (no seems)
9..Custom alu. fuel tank
10.No bumpsteer
11.The less complicated kit to built
12.All the small brackets are welded to the chassis (brackets for the flex brake lines ,and brakes ,ect...)
13.Top quality powder coating
14.Most of the parts come from USA

If you want to know more about our kits, no problem i'm there to help you !

Thanks Don,

ddcobra 10-22-2008 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMHINC (Post 891279)
Marky, I saw your post & I know what you mean.Check out (www.vintage-motorsports.com) & talk to Jay. They are a sponsor on this forum & sell Backdraft Cobra's & now the new BDR GT built by CAV for Backdraft. They are also about 6 months away from the New BDR Daytona Coupe. When I got my 1st Cobra I had looked @ kits & used FFR's and quickly learned the difference & got a Backdraft. I'm on my 2nd BDR Cobra, I sold my 1st car for a profit after a year of use . I didn't want to sell it but could not refuse the deal so I ordered another one.They are in Wallingford CT & probably not a bad ride from MA.? They have sold other cars in MA & all over the east coast the states & over sea's .Top notch guys from start to finish & the BDR is a factory built car, (not to mention the ride, performance & other standard features )an MSO & no problem to register. Check the site you will be amazed & they do a complete build log of every car. My new Cobra is build # 656 & my BDR GT is build # 3. Jay has 2 guys right now trying to sell there FFR's to get BDR's. He has some very special pricing & end of season specials ?

Good Luck

I Sell DBR for Canada. But if some one want to built a kit and doesn't want to buy a complet car 2 different approches.
Don,

RMHINC 10-22-2008 07:52 AM

your right Don,a kit vs a turnkey minus may not work for Marky. I also just saw that he wants a round tube frame ?

Hawkeye 10-22-2008 09:40 PM

In my opinion if you are going to make an investment in one of these toys, you would search out all possible means of information web, forums, literature, ask for pictures, make phone calls etc. I know I did which also included flying from BC to Quebec (approx. 3000 mi +)to actually see it for myself. I would have welcomed a 5 hour drive. And yes I did buy one of Don's EVO 5's.

Don's kit is a very nice package and even better since I purchased 2 years ago. Is it perfect, no, but which one is. But I'll say one thing, Don's customer service on the phone is extremely good, a little slow on the e-mails at times but he still gets back to you. If you want more info send me a PM or check out my gallery.

DavidNJ 10-23-2008 05:22 AM

The reason I subscribe to this forum is because I am impressed with the design of the frame, selection of components, and quality of construction.

marky 10-23-2008 05:29 AM

Thanks Hawkeye, I enjoyed your gallery.

ddcobra 10-23-2008 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidNJ (Post 891650)
The reason I subscribe to this forum is because I am impressed with the design of the frame, selection of components, and quality of construction.

Thanks DavidNJ for your post!!!

Cobra Kahn 10-23-2008 11:44 AM

Don,

I was looking at the "Turnkey built from A to Z!! " build thread and was wondering if this offer includes the same quality components as shown in that thread. If it does, then this seems to be an amazing offer.

Mike

TINNMANN 10-23-2008 02:15 PM

Proud Owner

I found DD through Turnten's web site Jan 2006 I then called Don at the number posted. After talking to Don I thought that this was too good to be true so I decided to go for a drive. Don was even better in person he spent a few hours with me and was very open about everything. He was even willing to change a few things to suit me. I drove home 8 hours and I placed my order a few days later. To be fair the order took longer than what I was told but Don delivered the car half way which saved me a long drive with a trailer. Would I do it again? In a heart beat! My car has been seen by owners of other manufactures and they have all said I made the wright choice. To close I would suggest that if Hawkeye would fly 3000 miles and I would drive 8 hours and we both bought it might be worth a 5 hour drive or at least a phone call to talk to Don.
Cheers Greg

ddcobra 10-24-2008 05:57 PM

Thanks Greg!!

Next summer i will make some expo in your area, i will contact you !!

Don,