Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Turn Ten Racing and D&D Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/turn-ten-racing-d-d-cobra/)
-   -   For US Customer best price ever !!! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/turn-ten-racing-d-d-cobra/92485-us-customer-best-price-ever.html)

marky 10-24-2008 05:57 PM

Good comment Tinman,

I am hoping to go in the next few weeks.

ddcobra 10-27-2008 06:21 PM

the price is now under the 20,000$ the exchange is crazy now!!!!!!

ddcobra 10-28-2008 08:41 AM

It now under 19000$ US
http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

marky 11-07-2008 10:35 AM

what is it at now??

TINNMANN 11-16-2008 03:36 AM

Help!

I would like to post pictures into a gallery but I have no idea where I would start.
Cheers Greg

ddcobra 11-17-2008 03:11 PM

Hi greeg,when you are on the home page (you have to be log) step 1 click on forum.. step 2 click on gallery.. step 3 click on my photos..step 4 click upload photos
Good luck!!
Don,

mj_duell 11-21-2008 05:10 AM

I thought I would clear a few things up. I have been very busy lately as I have moved to another state and I just do not have time to keep up with this forum. Turn Ten Racing was ended do to a very bad Canadian to U.S. dollar exchange that made it impossible to continue doing business in the U.S. I was heart breaking to shut down the company, but I was not the first and I am sure in these trying times I will not be the last. The reason I went into business with Don was that his comapny builds absolutely top-notch kits with a high attention to detail. He will also custom make anything for clients even if it means altering the frame it's self. Yes it is true his web-site might need some work, but this does not deminish the product. D&D does not turn out hundreds of cookie cutter kits and they are truely hand built. When comparing kits get past the outer beauty and look at the frame. Don's EVO 5 is a true race krafted frame not just a heavy street frame with add ons to make it handle. Also look at the individual parts, most of D&D's pieces are true racing parts such as the Tilton pedal assembly. My suggestion to anyone interested in a D&D is do what many have done and take a trip to Chambly and see Don and the company first hand. That's my .02 I know longer have a stake in Turn Ten or D&D so my opinion is only that. For the money, with the current exchange the deal Don is offering is truely amazing.

--Mike

cobrarob 11-21-2008 07:16 AM

Tinnmann

I would really like to see the pics of the finished product

Are you going to be able to post them soon , if not give me a call and maybe you can email me some 604-834-3568

Rob

Hawkeye 11-21-2008 08:46 AM

Cobrarob, seeing by your areacode you live in the lower mainland of BC. I also live in the lower mainland and if you wish to see one of Don's cars all be it not complete send me a PM and I'll give you a phone number etc.

cobrarob 11-21-2008 10:36 AM

Hawkeye

We have actually met , I came by your place 2 years ago approximately and I saw your car at the stage it was then

I will give you a call this weeeknd and maybe we can get together again to have a look at your progress

I really would like to see some recent pictures of a finished DD car

You can also call me if you want

Thanks for the reply

Rob

TINNMANN 11-21-2008 12:37 PM

I have had no luck posting pictures it says that the file is too large. I will have to wait until monday when my son is home to help.
Cheers Greg

leehunt1919 11-24-2008 02:38 PM

Cobra kit

Hello, I've been looking at cobra kits for about a year now. I sent an email to D&D but got no response. Maybe people familiar with these kits can help me. Can you tell me what is the difference between EV05, 06? Also can they make any adjustments for taller drivers like lowered floor pans etc? That seat looks like it sits up quite a bit. Any dimensions on the legroom? I'm 6'3'', 220lb. Any idea on shipping costs? I live in California. Are there any charges to bring this thing across the border? Hope thats not too much to ask. I like the looks of this chassis and the price seems pretty good. I just want to make sure I can fit comfortably in the car. Thanks, Lee

ddcobra 11-24-2008 03:55 PM

Sorry Lee,

Maybe some one delete you massage.On the market i have the most leg room for a 90'' car.I'm 6'2'' and 265lbs and i fit ,Marc Belanger 6'3'' and 250 he live in the state you can email him or send him a pm the link on club cobra http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/member.php?u=28592 for the shipping +/- 1800$
Thanks Don,

leehunt1919 11-24-2008 08:20 PM

cobra kit

Thanks, Don. I appreciate the response. I'm still curious, what is the evo5, ev06? You mention something about a birdcage in your kit contents. I assume this has something to do with the frame. Could you explain? Are you able to drop your floor pans at all to lower seat position? Are there no duty fees to pay to bring this into the US? Thanks again, sorry for all the questions but I'm too far away to visit your shop in person. I hope to decide on a kit in the next few months. Lee

Hawkeye 11-24-2008 09:48 PM

Lee, I have one of Don's EVO 5 so maybe I can help. You can see mine in my gallery. EVO 5 is a bird cage frame much like the originals, FFR and many others. The body is just a skin over the frame with panels for the fire wall, foot boxes, trunk etc. The frame is the stength of the car as well as the protection.
The EVO6 is a ladder frame which is flat with main stringers to handle the motor much like stringers in a boat. The fibre glass body has the cockpit moulded in as well as the trunk, firewall etc. and sits on the ladder frame. The body is where all the strength is.

Don can explain the difference in the body thickness of the glass etc. I for one have this psychological thing about having steel around me.

ddcobra 11-25-2008 05:02 AM

Lee, give me your phone by email i will call you.

Thanks Don,

TINNMANN 11-25-2008 06:25 PM

Success

Finally figured out how to post pictures more later
Cheers Greg

TXWOOD 04-01-2009 10:14 PM

is the price of your kit still $24500 CAD?

ddcobra 04-04-2009 04:41 AM

now the new price is 25,000.00
Don,