Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Upstate Super Replicars--Speak with Bill Connelly

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bkozlow
  • 1 Post By NRP/MN
  • 1 Post By cobrarkc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2024, 01:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Daytona (from USR) 302RDI Yates headed + Weber induction
Not Ranked     
Default Daytona UPS front ball joints

Dear forum members
I come here to know what are the upper and lower ball joint references which are installed on a Daytona coupe UPS made by Bill Connelly. I had tried to contact him but unfortunately his e-mail addresse found in the forum is obsolete. These ball joints are "press in". The hole is 1.5 inch diameter and the stud thread is 1/2 (see picture here enclosed). There is no manufacturer indication nor reference and I don't no from which car we can find them
All informations about these mysterious parts are welcome.
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2024, 02:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Neutral     

Since you have mastered putting a photo on this site, I suggest you include some pictures of the suspension, so we can possible tell what was used. I seem to remember but am not sure that Jag suspension was used on the five cars he built. As far as I know, Bill Connlley died quite a while ago.

Billk
nanard289 likes this.
Old 02-16-2024, 05:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Daytona (from USR) 302RDI Yates headed + Weber induction
Not Ranked     

Hi Billk

Many thanks for your fast answer. How sad to learn that our friend Bill Connelly has long since passed away. May he rest in peace, he did a lot to perpetuate the Cobra Daytona Legend.
I am not sure if these parts are original Jaguar. I assume that Daytona control arms were a special Bill Connelly's design (see enclosed pictures) and he selected these ball joints from the US market.
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2024, 07:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1233-396C.I. Windsor
Neutral     

My recollection is that Bill purchased the Coupe design and tooling from Contemporary. I would assume that the suspension pieces were similar to the cars Peter Bayer produced. The original Contemporary cars did use Jag fronts but I can't remember if they offered an upgrade to tubular control arms. Looks alot to a GM lower ball joint. Get an exact measurement. A Moog K6145 is 2.090"od.
nanard289 likes this.
Old 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary 482 all aluminum Tunnelport Self built and owned since 1980 frame#0000017 and owner of frame CCX 33961 looking for an FIA body to go with it
Not Ranked     

I believe some of the suspension parts were made by Kugel Komponets you might check with them.
https://kugelkomponents.com/independ...nt-suspension/
nanard289 likes this.
Old 02-17-2024, 09:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dear forum members,

Many thanks for your positive actions and valuable informations. I have sent a message to Kugel Komponents and received a prompt answer. UPS Daytona ball joints could be from Chevrolet Vega 1976 but they have requested some pictures to be sure. Any way, this supplier looks very serious and I hope to find the right parts in order to restaure this car
Old 02-19-2024, 02:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

How much do you know about your body? As I remember, Upstate cars were made from a mold pulled from CSX-2299, the Daytona winning Daytona Coupe in 1965. It is about one inch higher in roof line than the other five original Daytonas, giving a little more head room. I believe yours should have a full roll cage which the originals did not. Your car uses an ORIGINAL DAYTONA COUPE windshield in case you ever need one. Sorry, I couldn't be more help.

BillK