Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Western States Cobra Group (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/western-states-cobra-group/)
-   -   WSCG 2010 - Annual Meetup (Aug 26-29) Sonoma, CA (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/western-states-cobra-group/104252-wscg-2010-annual-meetup-aug-26-29-sonoma-ca.html)

decooney 04-29-2010 10:26 PM

WSCG 2010 - Annual Meetup (Aug 26-29) Sonoma, CA

UPDATE 08/21/2010 - If you are a WSCG member, and previously registered for this event - notifications were sent out this week from the WSCG website to your email address. The update included the schedule, drive plan information, and where to get your information, ID badges and stickers for access to the events and parking on Thurs, Fri, Saturday. If you are still not sure what to do, login to the WSCG website and see the messages for this event or send a message to the meetup organizer link. Thanks, DC

Go to: Link: WSCG Member Site

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
WSCG 2010 - Annual Meetup (Aug 26-29) Sonoma, CA

Cobras, Daytona Coupes, GT40s

-Thursday: Casual arrivals, no plans
-Friday: WSCG group drive to the ocean, lunch
-Friday Night: See details on WSCG member site
-Saturday: SAAC convention at Infineon / WSCG Corral
-Sunday: Departures, or hang around at SAAC, as you wish

Link: WSCG Member Site

GT390FE 04-30-2010 07:45 AM

NorCal Cobra's

This event sounds great Duane, I signed up.:3DSMILE:
SAAC-35 should be an awesome event for all Cobra enthusiasts.

autobody prof. 04-30-2010 08:35 PM

I live in Chico(northern california), how do I make a resevation for the full weekend?

Don

decooney 05-01-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autobody prof. (Post 1047840)
I live in Chico(northern california), how do I make a resevation for the full weekend? Don

Hi Don,
If you have not already done so, go to the link provided in the thread above and take it from there. Thanks, DC

decooney 05-29-2010 03:15 PM

WSCG 2010 - July Update

WSCG 2010 - July Update

Message sent out today on the WSCG site to all members.

Link: WSCG Member Site

- 10 rooms added to the hotel block if anyone still needs a room.
- WSCG Corral at SAAC35 / Infineon available to registered members.
- ClubCobra members or former WSCB, CH1 attendees are welcome to join.
- Cobras, Daytona Coupes, GT40s only please.

Thanks, DC

decooney 07-27-2010 08:07 AM

LT 30 Days

Countdown - Less than 30 days away now for WSCG 2010. :)

Attendees: A message from the WSCG website will go this week to all registered attendees for this years gathering. Reminder: Make sure you get those Cobras safety checked and road ready in time.

MFE III 07-27-2010 09:50 AM

Hmmm . . . waiting on a new fuel pressure regulator, will have to do some re-plumbing to mount it.
Just received new sidepipes. Have to fit them, weld on hanging straps, O2 bungs and attachement tabs. Then off to ceramic coating.
Only problem is that I'm leaving for the Baja today for the rest of the week and only home one weekend before leaving for Sonoma.
But hey . . . there are always nights! %/
Matt

maurice19 07-27-2010 10:03 AM

Duane,

I should be ready to go if I can get the tip of a lead pencil, ( the one with the rubber eraser and metal crimp ) out of #1 cylinder bore.

Any suggestions?

Man of few words, Maurice

jdean 07-27-2010 12:04 PM

Maurice,

Try putting the piston about 3" down in the bore, then use a length of wire, like coathanger wire, with some two sided tape or other sticky substance on the end of it (high tack gasket sealer) to fish it out through the spark plug hole.

GT390FE 07-27-2010 12:10 PM

Maurice do I dare ask how a pencil tip got into your cylinder bore :eek::eek::eek: maybe a vacuum with a small 1/4 inch hose hooked to the end suck it out :JEKYLHYDE through the spark plug hole

Dan:cool:

maurice19 07-27-2010 12:36 PM

Thanks, J. Dean and Dan, I`ll give those ideas a try.

Finding top dead center, Dan

Maurice

Jamo 07-27-2010 12:48 PM

I'm not laughing.

...well, just a slight giggle. Sorry.

Whom I kidding...LMFAO! :LOL:

Sorry.:p

Jamo 07-27-2010 12:52 PM

Reminds me of Tinker hopping around and yelping when Pat had him stick his finger in my motor for the same reason.

decooney 07-27-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maurice19 (Post 1067304)
Duane,

I should be ready to go if I can get the tip of a lead pencil, ( the one with the rubber eraser and metal crimp ) out of #1 cylinder bore. Any suggestions?
Man of few words, Maurice

I would think Dan's idea with shop vac and a necked down clear hose taped to the end and sunk down in the hole would do the trick. Or, if you are brave, put the plug back in and turn the key and let those cubes of air blow it out the sidepipe - uhhhhhh, DOH! :JEKYLHYDE

Jim Norris 08-01-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maurice19 (Post 1067339)
Thanks, J. Dean and Dan, I`ll give those ideas a try.

Finding top dead center, Dan

Maurice

Sooo...? Which one worked? %/

maurice19 08-03-2010 05:36 PM

Jim,
Thanks for asking. Neither one did the job completely. But removing the head did.

Maurice

dblbarrel 08-03-2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decooney (Post 1067259)
Countdown - Less than 30 days away now for WSCG 2010. :)

Attendees: A message from the WSCG website will go this week to all registered attendees for this years gathering. Reminder: Make sure you get those Cobras safety checked and road ready in time.

Duane, did you eliminate WA people from the mailing list?
I attended the second and the last WSCB, never heard a thing about this.
But I will be at SAAC.

decooney 08-08-2010 07:55 PM

Hey DB!

What we did was took the former WSCB attendees and others keeping in touch and formed the Western States Cobra Group (WSCG). We keep in touch here on CC, but the main event details are kept to the private site for members.

Since then, we've done a few yearly events, one known as CH1 on the coast and this year we're headed back up the coast to Sonoma/Napa for WSCG 2010 this year.

Anyone who is a former attendee at WSCB "The Cobra Bash" is certainly invited to participate in our meetup site and forum. This allows us to communicate on specific events and locations without announcing it to the open world for a little more privacy.

Feel free to register for the group and fill out your profile. We'll be in the WSCG corral at SAAC-35 and since you are already going, we'll see you there. Friday we are doing a drive to the coast, etc.... more details on the WSCG site now. DC

decooney 08-21-2010 02:56 AM

To: WSCG 2010 attendees - UPDATE

Go back to the very first page and first entry of this thread for the update. I provided an update there if you are not receiving the notification messages or not sure what to do to attend WSCG 2010 this year.
Thanks.

Jamo 08-30-2010 09:33 AM

Duane

Absolutely perfect...the run up Hwy 1, the hotel, the parking, the comfortable non-PITA schedule, the arrangements at Sears Point...everything. What can I say except...mucho muy goodo! :D

Really appreciate your hard work and attention to details you've put into these events for the past several years. Well done, my friend. ;)