14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 12:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default CH1 2009: Cobras On Highway1 / Western States Cobra Group

CH1: Cobras On Highway1 - 2009 / a Western States Cobra Group (WSCG) meetup and get-together.

This is our 2nd annual CH1 gathering. Last year was a blast. Many WSCG, CH1and former Western States Cobra Bash attendees come to CH1.

What:

3-day get-together and stayover at an amazing Monterey peninsula beach resort, two day drives on the cars, patio socials, beach bonfire night, or just strolling on 2.3 miles of private beach - just amazing. A vacation with the cars for many.

When:
September 24,25,26 in 2009 (Thur-Sat, depart Sunday)

Who:
Owners of Cobras, Daytona Coupes, GT40s mainly consisting of WSCG, CH1 and former WSCB attendees and friends and members of ClubCobra.com, GT40s.com, FFCobra.com

Where:
Seascape Resort, on the ocean in Monterey bay penninsula, in Aptos, CA.
Incredible remote resort location, private beach, nice and relaxing.

How:

See invitation link below. Once you join the WSCG event site and register and RSVP for CH1, you'll receive the fax-in form for your hotel reservations if you need a hotel room. The first open registration link goes out on 4/16/09 to all clubcobra member inquiries.

Reg Fees:
$25 per car member fee to cover very basic incidentals, lot fees, beach bonfire, online fees, etc. You sign up on the WSCG website for more info.

Hotel Reservations & Status:

Limited number of rooms in the discounted block. Info on WSCG website once you join, RSVP.

Parking for your Cobras/Daytonas/GT40s:
Underground garage or above ground parking reserved for the CH1 attendees in the room block.

Trailer/Truck parking:
Remote trailer lot with a 3-day permit by RSVP.

Get-Together Details:

2nd Annual CH1 get-together with the cars. Thursday through Sunday at Noon. Friday drive and dinner out. Saturday drive, and stops. Saturday night beach bonfire. Drives on Highway1 in CA. What else could anyone ask for? More info available on the WSCG website once you join and RSVP. Follow-ups are only sent to RSVP-YES attendees once registered.

Drive Schedules:
Will be posted on the Western States Cobra Group website.

Need more Information?
:
If you plan to attend and need more information, send an email or see the invitation link below. email: wscg@comcast.net

Invitation through WSCG website:

1. Select link below
2. Request to join WSCG, fill in your profile, pics of car...
3. Organizer reviews request, and respond within 24hrs
4. Read information on CH1, RSVP to attend and receive updates
5. Receive more information through WSCG, periodic updates here on CC

Go to Link: http://www.meetup.com/WesternStatesC...ndar/10157349/

See you on the WSCG website for more information.

Last edited by decooney; 04-15-2009 at 09:43 PM..
Old 04-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default CH1 is open for registration to ClubCobra members

Thanks to everyone for initial inquiries through Clubcobra and through the Western States Cobra Group website. Attendee registration for CH1 is now open to all members of Clubcobra.com, GT40s.com, FFCobra.com, Unique Cobra owners, Second Strike, and Shelby Cobra Club forum members.
  • Cobras
  • Daytona Coups
  • GT40s

The notification above in the previous post has been updated with the invitation link to the WSCG website and CH1 inviation.

Limited invitation and limited resort hotel space at CH1 2009.

Thanks,
DC
Old 05-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Status Update

05/08/09.

The WSCG/CH1 2009 Room Block of the first 30 rooms is FULL. I apologize, I meant to post this earlier and did not until more inquries started coming in. In the first two weeks we already filled what took us two months last year. Not too bad consdiering we are in a recovering economy, and people are carefully planning vacations these days.

INQUIRIES:
In order for us to request an extension to the room block it seems we'll need at least 10 more before they can (ask/propose) switch allocation from another group who is not meeting the fill as fast as we are for CH1. If we get 10 more on the list, I'll ask again. Right now, we are holding at 30.

You need to be a member of the Western States Cobra Group private meetup site to get the most current details.

email wscg@comcast.net for more info. Thanks.

Last edited by decooney; 05-28-2009 at 10:36 PM..
Old 05-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good news / update - we now have a private invitation to Laguna Seca Raceway with designated lakeside corral parking on Saturday for the Cherries event.

Cobras, Daytonas, GT40s will be on display in the same area we did for the Ford100 anniversary. The offical 2009 WSCG/CH1 window sticker will be required to get in and it will only be $10 donation fee at the gate for us to enter the Corral.

We'll pop in and out during the drive from 11-2 over lunch on the way back from the South-1 drive headed back north. Very cool!
Old 05-29-2009, 06:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 4596
Not Ranked     

Great job Duane. Should be lots of fun thundering in there.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Duane, what is the status of the addtional 10 + room allocation?

Last edited by RodKnock; 06-02-2009 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: spelled "is" wrong
Old 06-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Update on rooms / attendees.

CORRECTION - edited 06/02/09 at 2pm. Please ignore my previous reply, i was looking at a 1-week old room listing.

Update:
ALL CH1 blocked (discounted) Deluxe and Villa rooms for CH1 in the first block are...

SOLD OUT as of today.

I called the hotel today, and they said they cannot guarantee room availability or price, and will handle all requests on a case by case basis, pending availability of ev-and-flow as rooms come and go.

Last edited by decooney; 06-02-2009 at 02:11 PM..
Old 06-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As per my updated-update and correction to the above on room availability, if you still need a room and did not get one at this point, you can try sending an email to wscg@comcast.net, make sure you have RSVP'd YES on the WSCG website first, then I can send you an updated fax-in hotel form.

I was not able to get another block of 10 rooms assigned. They still may honor a few here and there. I'll do what I can to help, but no guarantees at this point.

Last edited by decooney; 06-02-2009 at 02:11 PM..
Old 06-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Texas!

06/02/09 - More folks from Texas are signed up and coming to CH1. Exciting, just got a few more today who sent us notes planning a vacation in the Cobras with us.

Join me in Wecoming the TX crew to WSCG and CH1!
Old 07-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Yes

YES! More hotel rooms just freed up to us today at the discounted CH1 rate.

UPDATE:
For those who were inquring again at Cobra Roundup and Euro Sunday this past week about hotel rooms for CH1 2009... well, I just called the resort this morning and another batch was just released to us. Yours for the taking, while they last!

Instructions:
1. Send email to: WSCG@comcast.net
2. Wait for email reply with registration link to WSCG site
3. Then receive your link and fax-in reg form by email
4. Register with WSCG and for the CH1 2009 event
5. Fax in your form with the special group discount code

Please email to the email address above, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Last edited by decooney; 07-06-2009 at 12:13 PM..
Old 07-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Shouldn't you confirm that the resort actually allows Texans?
Old 07-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes, that's a big 10-4 Rubber Ducky. And, thank goodness the Texans will also be there to help us set up a proper bonfire on the beach Saturday night.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Update on hotel rooms at CH1 as of 07/24/09

The hotel accepted a few more... Three more who were holding off on other plans before reserving rooms were able to get rooms this week. So far they've not turned anyone away. I'm not sure after August 1st, so they've held to their word to this point on deluxe rooms and 45% discount rate, and everyone has been able to get their rooms so far, which is great news. FYI.

I usually call them just before to let them know there is more possible incoming, and they've added onesey twosey's to the block for us. Please be sure to contact me at wscg@comcast.net if any other folks were waiting down to the wire on rooms and still need one. DC
Old 07-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler...488" hi-rise, dry-sump FE s/o w/stacks
Not Ranked     

Tell the hotel we're South Americans....not Texans!!!! They may be more inclined to let us in.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTxButler View Post
Tell the hotel we're South Americans....not Texans!!!! They may be more inclined to let us in.
I thought Texas was located in South America.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler...488" hi-rise, dry-sump FE s/o w/stacks
Not Ranked     

After checking the map again....I believe Texas is the northernmost COUNTRY in South America!!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 09:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Is there room for another couple for the CH1 2009? My European tour got cancelled, and now I am free in late September.

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!
Old 08-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Edley,
I saw your application over on the WSCG website, and sent you an email. Follow the RSVP. Duane
Old 08-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Status update!

COUNTDOWN

Less than 30 Days till CH1 2009.

• Check those nuts/bolts
  • Check those fluids & tires
  • Check those trailers, for those hauling from afar
  • Bring warm and cool weather clothing, and flip-flops for the beach!

I'm headed down to scope out a few things today meeting up with a few folks to tidy up a few loose ends, stopping by at our restaurant lunch stop for Friday's drive, and stopping in at Laguna Seca, checking out our corral parking area for Saturday.

As of today with a few adds, it looks like most everyone who attended last year is coming again this year, and few new folks too. Just a few more than last year and about 10 more staying at the hotel as compared to last year. It will be a good sized and manageable group. Should be fun.

Get ready to RELAX and have some fun and vacation time with the cars together.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Site visit planning completed, we are set for:

-Thursday night impromptu drive through Monterey/tunnel & Cannery Row
-Friday Drive North on Hwy1, lunch stop at Half Moon Bay
-Friday night patio out back, casual sync up and meet up.
-Saturday South on Hwy1, turnaround in Big Sur, then to our private Corral at Cherrie Jubiliee lakeside - CH1 window sticker required.

Getting closer!