Old 12-22-2001, 09:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR #3478, 351W W/ a Big Ol' Vortech
Not Ranked     
Default Anyone Alive out there? :)

Chicago area cobra folks!

How is everyone doing?

What's the status of your build/Cobra? Any big plans for the winter?

What's new? Anyone finish their build or get a new car?

Snake Oil, did you wind up with that paint job?

Merry Christmas!

Ozona
Old 12-23-2001, 06:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B w/FRPP 347ci 450HP Crate
Send a message via AIM to OhBuoy
Not Ranked     

Well, I picked up a rear end, some front suspension components and a frame and inner panels for a B&B Cobra. I have crossed that commitment mark, with the backing of my wife. Once Christmas is over, I should be able to start bolting things together.
Old 12-23-2001, 09:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cool!

There's a guy named Rick here in Naperville that just bought an FFR.

Tell me what you like most about the B&B!

What part of town are you in, I haven't seen a B&B in the "build" stage before....

Merry Christmas!

Oz
Old 12-24-2001, 10:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Keith Craft built my monster 527 Shelby, Rob Camp @ KCM in Plano, TX installed, tested & tuned it and Dean Rosen @ Dynamic was magnificent in delivering my dream SPF #1857. Without these guys, I'd never have realized my dream.
Not Ranked     

Ozona,

Where are you located? I'm in Naperville also and
nearing the end of my Cobra quest!

How about sending me a private email with your details. I know of a Street Beasts being built
nearby but didn't know about the FFR.

Dave
Old 12-24-2001, 10:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default anybody home?

Hey how 'bout that ! There is life in Chi-town even in the winter !

Good to hear from you Ozona. How's your snake coming along?

Never did get that paint job, other things got in the way.
Did work on the car this summer though, and got it in the
high 12 sec. range and gonna sqeeze some more out of it this comming season. Trying to get as much out of ti withh out losing
reliability. (not bad for a little 231 V6)
Looks like high 11sec. range is about right.
'Cause if i go under 11.5 i get booted off the track until i get a full roll bar.
Guess What ? I have no intentions of doing that.

Have a great (and safe) Holiday season.

Hope to have a chi-town spring get together.
Any ideas???
snake oil
Old 12-26-2001, 09:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

Well, my parts pile is comfortably out of control. I really, really hope to get a kit ordered early early this year.

I have a mongo pile of stuff for the car.

Biggies I need other than the kit:

Rear End
Brakes
Long Block
Wheels/Tires

Theres a short list of little items, but it ain't much. I'm really kinda stressed about where to get the long block or I'd have it. I need to run over to DSS and see whazzzup over there. I would prefer to have a smaller shop do it, but I don't know any. (Yet anyway)

Things have been so busy that I haven't had much time to search further about the rear.. Talked to Currie, still need to talk to Moser.

With the FFR 3 link setup coming out I wonder if it will work with a "bolt-in" Fox Mustang 9" kit.... Anways..

I think I'm going to give the nod to Baer for the brake setup.

Oz
Old 12-26-2001, 10:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Season's greetings!

Hi everyone,

If your like me, your Cobra is tucked away for the winter. Except for a warm-up every few weeks to keep things lubed up, that's where they will stay until March or so. I envy those living in warmer climates who drive their Cobras year round. Let's see if we can get current on the latest Cobra news locally. Towards the end of last summer I put dual quads on my smallblock. A few of you out there may have seen them. A couple of guys completed their cars and at least five others took delivery on new Cobras during the year and are somewhere in the build process. There is a monster hemi build(Hemisnake, how about an update), and a viper motor build (Rich, how are you doing?). We are hoping Chuck (CDOG) will bring his 600HP BB SPF to RM this summer and Al (Crz2party) moved back to his home in Ireland and took his Cobra with him. Is there any interest in having a mid-winter get together somewhere? Let's here from you guys out there. Cheers and Happy Holidays!

Len
Old 12-27-2001, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Titanium SPF, 521 CID Gessford.
Not Ranked     

Len

I will have my car out quite a bit next summer for sure. I am thinking of changing the cam from hyd to solid this winter, to enhance HP and hopefully reliability, so I should be busy...Maybe some porting as well.

Hopefully, we can have a spring meeting in march/april of next year...
Old 12-27-2001, 08:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 1000 HP?

Cdog,

Good to hear from you. I can't imagine your motor needing any 'enhancements'. Have you finalized your choice of cam set-ups yet? Who's doing the swap? Have you considered nitrous? Just a few curiosity questions, I hope you don't mind. I'm looking forward to seeing you again and checking out your car. Cheers.

Len
Old 12-27-2001, 08:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, 460 big block, 850 Demon, 5 speed tremec TKO, Titanium Silver w/ Charcoal stripes
Not Ranked     

Rick here,

FFR #3169 is gathering dust. Haven't had a chance to get started on it yet. The Holidays are holding me back and Factory Five is still sending me backordered items from my cars delivery date of 11/17/01. Still waiting for Doors, Side Pipes, Aluminum Panels, Steering Wheel, ......I asked Santa for these items but Factory Five Backordered his list too! I still have plenty to do before I need these items.
Currently searching for 8.8 or 9" rear, Factory Five's Three Link suspension (coming soon??), Front lower control arms, and Wheels and tires.
Hoping to get started soon!
Also, need titling advice for Illinois. Experienced personelle please e-mail me. Thanks.
FFR#3169 BBF460ci, Carb, Tremec TKO, Titanium
Old 12-28-2001, 10:00 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default just checking

hey len,

how ya doing?

anybody heard from mark ffr 2231 (in wheeling) lately?

he's been mia since he got that paint job on his snake.

maybe he went south for the winter

CDOG, a spring get together sounds great i'm up for it !

anybody else?

snake oil
Old 12-31-2001, 10:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 396 long block, PROBE Forged Dished pistons 8.75 to 1 and Vic Jr. heads from Engine Factory. Tremec TKO. BDR#244 Sterling Gray/Silver stripes. 17in polished wheels, glove box and tonneau cover.
Not Ranked     

Hey guys,

Just got back from NY. Good to see your all here. I thought that the Windy City club might sleep through the winter like your cobras!

Len is you unique still up for sale? Spring get together sounds great. I have an idea...maybe busse woods off of Higgins maybe??? I know spring is a few months off but just an idea.
It's been a while since i have heard a cobra grunting and thrashing.

GS

Last edited by got snake?; 12-31-2001 at 10:30 AM..
Old 01-02-2002, 08:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison
Not Ranked     
Default Happy New Year!

Windy City Club,

Update: In the beginning of December, we towed the chassis to Gessfords in Hastings Nebraska. I finally got to see the 528 Hemi on the stand... what a site! I wonder if they make a shoehorn big enough to cram it into the chassis? One of the shop guys asked my wife if I had a good life insurance policy... had to listen to that all the way home!

I told George I was having withdrawals and I already needed some pictures. Look at the bright side - I got my garage space back for the winter!

My website is mostly up to date, feel free to have a look: http://www.mtdesign.com/cobra

Happy New Year! Mark

I took this shot when we stopped at the Omaha Zoo for a break:

Old 01-02-2002, 09:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 396 long block, PROBE Forged Dished pistons 8.75 to 1 and Vic Jr. heads from Engine Factory. Tremec TKO. BDR#244 Sterling Gray/Silver stripes. 17in polished wheels, glove box and tonneau cover.
Not Ranked     

Hemisnake,

you have the black and silver pic i was looking for!!! I knew I saw it on a build page!

GS
Old 01-03-2002, 10:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison
Not Ranked     

GS,

Actually, that pic came from E-M's site, I didn't think they'd mind a little free promotion. You should check it out, they have lots of other good looking rides in their photo gallery:

http://www.everett-morrison.com

Mark
Old 01-07-2002, 07:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Guys,
Sorry about dropping out of sight. I hope everyone had a great holiday season. Since winter started and I am soon going to loose my machine shop access I have been buzy working on my car. I have narrowed the rear another inch which should take care of the tire rub and I made and welded the front upper A-arm adjusting brackets on. I am working on building a new gas peddle. I have also been helping Russ with his FFR.
I like the idea of meeting in the spring at Busse Woods. We could meet at my house again but the parking is better at the woods and they do not have the killer curb. The beer is all gone but I still have a package of brats. Keep me informed. By the way I have an e-mail account with yahoo. maweseman@yahoo.com. I might be loosing my e-mail at work. Just a heads up. Keep in touch.
Mark
Old 01-07-2002, 01:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default busse woods ??????????

Hey Mark!
Glad to hear you're out there workin' on that snake.
Will make note of your new email.
Yeah, can you believe it's gonna be 50degrees tommorow?
Definitely gonna start that puppy.
Maybe......back it out , oh what the heck,...... around the block,... down the street.... who knows?

Maybe we wil survive this winter with no major snowfall !
That would not hurt my feelings one bit.
Talk to you soon,
snake oil
Old 01-07-2002, 05:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Early Spring?

Hi Guys,

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. A buddy of mine just bought an IMCA modified roller (open wheel/circle track). He's asked me to build a motor for him so I'll do that as a winter project. We are thinking of a 377ci alcohol Chevy but haven't finalized the choice yet. The Cobra needs nothing (for once) so it will just rest in the garage waiting for warmer weather. Hey Snake Oil, maybe if it gets into the 50's at least and is dry some weekend, maybe we can do some cruising? Everybody try to stay in touch. Best New Year's wishes to you all!

Len
Old 02-10-2002, 09:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

All is well out here,

I'd be very interested in getting together before Spring arrives.

HemiSnake, I drove past your house, garage door open and no Cobra. Glad to know where the car is.

My car is coming along nicely, If not slower than I had hoped. Mark W. has been a terrific help. Having his car as an example and his experience has been invaluable. The good news is that I have been very busy with work, which means less time for the car .

Russ
Old 02-11-2002, 08:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 1237, 351 Sroked, 450hp
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Hamby
Not Ranked     
Default Hello out there

I don't really know any of you guy's yet as I'm new to this site. Hopefully, in time I will. A neighbor and myself recently picked up our Superformance Cobras and we would like to get together with others that share similar sentiments toward such an awesome car.

Everyone take care.