Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Windy City Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/windy-city-cobra-club/)
-   -   Double Venom Spring Fling 4 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/windy-city-cobra-club/47853-double-venom-spring-fling-4-a.html)

red 12-05-2003 07:51 PM

Double Venom Spring Fling 4

Whos thinking of going to DVSF4 ?

Dwight 12-05-2003 08:02 PM

I'M GOING :D :D :D

JUST NEED TO KNOW WHICH MOTEL TO PRE REGISTER WITH.

Lowell W 12-06-2003 04:40 AM

Thinking???? Dude, I'm there! I've already reserved a room.

RichMusson 12-06-2003 05:12 AM

Okay
Which Motel is preferred?

Rich

klayfish 12-06-2003 05:30 AM

Red,
There'll be more than people thinking about going. Last year there were over 300 Cobras and probably 600 people, maybe more. There will be lots of us there, including my family.

Rich,
I think they're still working on hotels, but there is a hotel "complex" with 3 hotels right next to each other that lots of people used. Info should be out soon, I hope.

Steve

Lowell W 12-06-2003 05:33 AM

The three main motels/hotels are the Fairfield, Hampton and Cross Country. The Hampton is nice, but doesn't have outside doors to the rooms. If your significant other wants to be able to sleep in relative peace and quiet, this would probably be the best choice. The Cross Country has two (or three?) buildings arranged in a horseshoe (or "W"; can't recall) with rooms on both sides. It gets pretty loud in between the buildings in the evenings, so if you like a continuous party atmosphere, this would be the place to stay. The Fairfield is a nice balance: you can see/hear Cobras coming and going and park your car outside the door to your room, but there's more space between buildings.

There's been some talk on CC regarding patronizing some Cobra-friendlier hotels but I don't know whether the SF organizers have worked anything out yet. I do know that when I attended SF2 as a spectator, I arrived on Friday evening, called the Fairfield and was able to reserve a room. When I made plans to attend SF3 as a Cobra owner, I called in February, I believe it was, and the Fairfield was full, so I reserved a room at the Hampton. Cross Country would have been fine, too, but there was some confusion on my part. They may have changed franchises, or I may have written down the wrong name or whatever.

CHRIS POTTER 12-06-2003 06:32 AM

I'll be there. Stayed at the Hampton this year, will probably stay there again, was very nice, also, a place to park my truck and trailer in the rear.

Rogers 12-06-2003 07:27 AM

When exactly is DVSF4? Does someone have the phone numbers to all 3 hotels?

casaleenie 12-06-2003 07:39 AM

archieves

For anyone not familiar with the Double Venom Spring Fling....
Try doing a search in the archieves and it will probably answer any question that you could possibly have...
I'm sure you can find the listings and phone #'s of all the motels that were used last year...

red 12-06-2003 09:13 AM

DVSF4 will be June 25-27
Cross Country Inn 6364 Frantz Rd. Dublin, Oh. 614-764-4545
Cross Country Inn 1313 Rome-Hilliard Rd. Columbus,Oh. 614-870-7090
Hampton Inn 5625 TRabue Rd. Columbus,Oh. 614-851-5599
Fairfield Inn 1309 St. James Lutheran Ln. 614-870-2927
Refer to the DVSF web site www.dvsf.com

Dirty Harry 12-06-2003 09:18 AM

Room reservations are made, parts for winter upgrades are purchased-- I'm fired up. Now for some time to work on the car...

OhBuoy 12-06-2003 12:22 PM

I will be there again, and with any luck, I will be trailering a Cobra. Hopefully this year no weddings will pop up on the same weekend. We had a great time, but we were exhausted. Personally, I like the Fairfield, but will probably look for other quarters in the Hampton or Cross Country since the Fairfield gave away our room even though we had a guaranteed late check in due to the wedding.

snake oil 12-07-2003 08:23 PM

I've gone to the Fling year one and last year,
Last year we stayed at the Hampton.
Nice beds, nice staff, swimming pool too.
No reservation problems, had a good visit.
I would recomend it.
Cost is a little higher but, well worth it IMHO.

As far as hotels go,
I talked to Jay @ Classic Roadsters, and yes,
we are doing the same hotels this year.
Reservations early are recomended.

Lowell, the party is coming to us. It seems the party will be held in the one of the hotels this time.
Good news for those of us that may want to celebrate a tiny bit.
No driving under the influence allowed.:p

Let's book now you can always cancel later if you can't make it.

OhBuoy 12-07-2003 11:58 PM

The Hampton is what I was thinking as my alternate choice to the Fairfield. Are we thinking of getting a block of rooms reserved for WCCC? I want to make my reservation soon. Last year was a pain for me because we had the wedding. This year, I would like to be more involved in getting an organized presence at Spring Fling. If I remember right, the caravan did not work last year. It is a shame, as I really think it would be nice to do a caravan with "pit" stops in a couple of major cities along the way. I thought it would be nice to find a couple of Snake friendly restauraunts along the way, give some publicity for the event, and maybe pick up some cash in a pickle jar via pictures with the cars or possibly ride alongs (although I would be concerned about the liability there).

I also think that we should promote Spring Fling at some of the shows that we hopefully attend as a group next year. Last year, there was a drive-a-thon where you collected so much per mile. Maybe we could have a sign that talks about this at the car shows and maybe ask for sponsorship as a group.

GOCATS 12-08-2003 05:29 AM

Chris,

Is Vick coming with you this year ?

I might need help getting my top off!! :3DSMILE: :LOL:

Would love to see you guys back again had an awesome time.

J.A.

snake oil 12-08-2003 07:48 AM

Obouy,
One reason the caravan (IMHO) did not work last year was that WCCC's email didn't work either.
Remeber all the emails were jammed in Cyber space , then all went out at the last minute.
Hopefully that won't happen again this year.

I'm selling WCCC club T shirts as my donation,
the whole amount goes to DVSF 4 (not just the profit).
All checks are made out to them.

A Caravan from Chicago needs a meeting point.
This year the oasis are closed on 294 for remodeling.

How about we all meet the Thursday morninng (of the fling) it's on route 65 at the Cracker Barrel in Merryville?
Everyone can meet fuel up and
start the trip with a full stomach and gas tank?
next stop Lafayette, fuel up, next stop Indy grab a snack fuel up.
On to route 70 should be one more stop befor we hit Rome / Hilliard.;)

OhBuoy 12-08-2003 08:04 AM

Arcenio,

I do not know if you have a deal on the shirts or not, but my wife has a t-shirt press for heat transfers. It does a nice job, and if you are sending them out, it could save you some money.

I like the plan of meeting at Cracker Barrel and the other stops. If I have to, I will baby sit the e-mail to make sure that they get out. Only problem with Cracker Barrell is that we will be too weighted down, but that should also reduce any chance of speeding tickets.

If my car is ready to go, it will be going as trailer trash (No Queen here), as I will be carting Maggie and Brandon.

Tom

OhBuoy 12-08-2003 08:06 AM

BTW, I have friends in Lafayette, so I can check to see if there are any good places that could acomodate us. Also, put me in for a shirt.

Tom

CHRIS POTTER 12-08-2003 09:27 AM

JA, Vic wil be with me again, we just discussed what a great time we had this year! Looking forward to seeing you again.

rdorman 12-08-2003 09:29 AM

You might want to read this:

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...threadid=47915

Rick