Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Windy City Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/windy-city-cobra-club/)
-   -   WCCC 2nd Annual Spring Drag Race Day (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/windy-city-cobra-club/53226-wccc-2nd-annual-spring-drag-race-day.html)

snake oil 04-29-2004 11:37 AM

WCCC 2nd Annual Spring Drag Race Day

Well boys and girls here we are again !

Time to GO TO THE STRIP !!!

Sunday May 16th about 9:30 to 10:00 am weather permitting

I would like to get a reading for who's coming to the track.

Remember the more the merrier!

Besides to continue getting our own lane,

we need at least six to eight cars.

Please check in on this thread or email me:3DSMILE:

Hope to see you all there!

EMK 04-30-2004 06:47 AM

You know I'm there...weather permitting. My friend would like to go with his '71 vette. I figured he could be someone we could all beat up on.:LOL: I also have a co-worker that wants to bring his son to watch us. He won't be racing.
-Erik

snake oil 04-30-2004 11:37 AM

Now all we need is 5 other cars:LOL:

Snowsnake 04-30-2004 06:44 PM

How fast do ya think I pish my down the strip?
Hmm Wheaties or Pancakes!

Blas 04-30-2004 07:25 PM

I'll be there weather permitting as a cheering section...

SnakeBitt 04-30-2004 07:44 PM

If I can fix a couple oil leaks that I have, I'll be heading there as well. I've got a buddy with a Mustang that's planning on going that day also (someone else to beat up on!).
I have a leak at the top of my oil pan, a leak coming out of one of my valve covers, and I'm getting some oil coming out of the breather on my valve cover (checked for a vacuum leak and also checked the pcv......both are fine). I need to get a gasket for my pan (Canton) and a couple valve cvr gaskets (may as well do them both and adjust the valve lash while I'm at it). Don't know what to do abouth the breather (already replaced the grommet). I have a tall, intake breather ready to install (thinking of going with 2 breathers and 1 pcv), but I don't want to have to go through removing and replacing the intake right now.
We'll see what happens.......

snake oil 05-01-2004 06:37 AM

Snakebitt hope to see you there.

EMK 05-09-2004 03:24 PM

Who's getting excited for this weekend? I know I am.

Lowell W 05-09-2004 06:59 PM

Well...

Drag racing at Byron, Vintage sports cars at Road America or Autocross locally, all the same day. Not sure where I'll end up. There's just not enough of me to go around.

Lowell

snake oil 05-10-2004 09:54 AM

Drag race day

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Lowell,

I reserved a spot for you and Erik,

The guy even asked me...

"Hey is the crazy guy in the green snake coming back?"

I said sure he has to beat the guy in that snake we call "LIPSTICK" !!!:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

snake oil 05-10-2004 10:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Erik I heard you got some new tricks up your sleeve?%/ %/ %/

There is a guy with a CTX Cadilac that seems to think
he can whip all our butts.
:JEKYLHYDE :JEKYLHYDE :JEKYLHYDE ???

I found out I already blew my posi gear I still will kick butt with only one tire,

All I can say is we'll see. Slips don't lie!:D
So come on with it!

Lowell W 05-10-2004 11:46 AM

Who you callin' crazy?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL::LOL: :JEKYLHYDE :JEKYLHYDE :JEKYLHYDE :JEKYLHYDE :JEKYLHYDE:JEKYLHYDE :JEKYLHYDE :JEKYLHYDE :JEKYLHYDE :JEKYLHYDE :p :p :p :p :p :CRY: :CRY: :CRY: :CRY: :CRY: :CRY::LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

EMK 05-10-2004 11:57 AM

I'll bring my "A" game.:D And if that don't work, I'll take it to the shop that Monday and I'll make it faster!:mad: I hope Lowell can make it. It was a lot of fun last time.

EMK 05-10-2004 12:00 PM

I think they call me lipstick so they can kiss my a$$.:LOL:

snake oil 05-10-2004 02:24 PM

Hey Lipstick,
I think you better bring the whole alphabet

JUST IN CASE....:confused:

Don't want no Gee I can't hook up...xcusesbuddy:CRY:

Lowell I think you're Experiencing dejavu....Don't worry you have to get right back on that horse and ride 'em cowboy !!!
Yeeehaaahhhh!!!!!!

Just keep repeating to yourself :
I will beat them, I know I can, I know I can....
:JEKYLHYDE :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

EMK 05-10-2004 07:07 PM

Oh boy...here we go. Arcy, doesn't that mutt of yours have a broken leg right now?:confused: Don't forget, this hot, and humid weather is great for those turbos.:LOL: That gap between us keeps getting smaller and smaller and smaller......:eek:

snake oil 05-11-2004 12:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Broken leg? Yeah So what?
Yeah I figure I'd try to make it a little more even for you.
BUT I THINK....
I'll still be picking up my time slip first!

BUT,

Don't worry with that 428 you got what twice the cubic inches?

It's not how many cubes you got it's who gets to the end of the strip FIRST that counts! :JEKYLHYDE :JEKYLHYDE :JEKYLHYDE

Don't worry I'll save you a space at the back of the line:LOL:
You do remember this view? Don't you?

You were so far back we couldn't get you in the picture:LOL:

snake oil 05-11-2004 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
AND this slight lead off the line...:D

snake oil 05-11-2004 12:25 PM

Hey Iheard a rumor....just a rumor mind you,
That Marty the Red might gonna take a stab at this.

Any truth to these allegations?:confused:

EMK 05-11-2004 12:48 PM

I hope so! I'll need someone else to testify my whipping of your butt.:D