View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 12:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponvire09 View Post
hi i bought a toploader and a bellhousing from a 72 or 73 mustang and i want to use it on my 73 comet. Can i use a newer motor with the toploader engine who are 50 oz balanced ?
My bellhousing is 1 inch more large that my c4. do you think i will have problem using headers ? thank you
The tranny is ignorant of what is in front of it. As long as you use the correct flywheel fro the engine you shouldn't have any problems. What casting # is on the bellhousing? You may need one from an earlier 'stang, but I don't think there was any difference between the '67-'70 models and the '71-'73 ones. It's been since the 70s so I don't remember all the details, but we swapped several Mustang smalblocks into Mavericks( same thing), and don't recall any issues that stand out. I'll look at the interchange book and if they note a difference, I'll post it later. As long as you get headers to fit the chassis, you shouldn't have any problems.