Old 12-22-2009, 11:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C , 466 Ford, 5speed Tremec
Not Ranked     
Default Pre fit everything!

JB

Just my two cents!

Before you cut or trim your headers or side pipes pre fit your body on the frame and drill small locater holes to pin the body in place. The body is not symmetrical so measuring will only get you part of the way positioned. Thats why the manual says position the body where you are happy with it. In my case the right side pipe had to be trimmed quite a bit more than the left. I also chose to add bolt flanges to the headers and pipes, they are available from Finish Line. Take a look at my pictures, I photo documented almost every step. Not that anyones asked, but I have suggested that everyone pre fit everything you can before doing any finish work. After you have all of the details worked out then disasemble the car then coat and paint all of the pieces, it works for the pros. Just another word of advise, I have read from several A&C builders that they have had their pipes coated and then developed a rattle in one or both and had to cut through the coating to fix them. I developed one in my right muffler during the first summer on the road, but as you will see from my pictures I decided to go barbeque black on my pipes.

Anyway, good luck and Happy Holidays, Sam