View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 04:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     
Smile Merry Christmas & update on Slowy's rebuild

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and I've added a short update on my rebuild progress.

Was in Marty's shed yesterday afternoon and saw some definitive progess albeit some 3 steps forward 2 back work to get there.

Seems the G Force manual and / or my ability to properly position my screen was way off and Marty has nicely corrected this now.

New screen location as shown below.

A plumb bob off the outer screen edge hangs about 15-20mm off the dash outer edge where before it was more something like 150mm according to Marty.

Standing the screen more upright by about 60mm will also cure the need to lower my seats further. But have only just thought about the possible implications for my wiper set up but will deal with that in due course.

The picture below shows the original nutsert locations per my mounting and which Marty assumed were correct and the final location.

Not originally having access to a nutsert tool is also a vast improvement over having to be a contorsionist fitting nuts to bolts all the way through the steelwork when fitting the screen.

The roll bar height was also revised and these were dropped by some 60mm too and are about level with the screen as in the first picture, and from behind per the pic. below.

All this work has been done to enable Marty to then fabricate the soft top bow mounting systems I'll need once mobile again for long trips.

Hopefull of seeing the car in my garage next week so that I can start to tinker on bits such as the clutch master cylinder I bought yesterday, as well as eletric cable re-routing, heater lines and so forth.

A happy post Christmas present to keep me off the streets.

Enjoy & Cheers

Steve