Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 12-24-2009, 04:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     
Smile Merry Christmas & update on Slowy's rebuild

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and I've added a short update on my rebuild progress.

Was in Marty's shed yesterday afternoon and saw some definitive progess albeit some 3 steps forward 2 back work to get there.

Seems the G Force manual and / or my ability to properly position my screen was way off and Marty has nicely corrected this now.

New screen location as shown below.

A plumb bob off the outer screen edge hangs about 15-20mm off the dash outer edge where before it was more something like 150mm according to Marty.

Standing the screen more upright by about 60mm will also cure the need to lower my seats further. But have only just thought about the possible implications for my wiper set up but will deal with that in due course.

The picture below shows the original nutsert locations per my mounting and which Marty assumed were correct and the final location.

Not originally having access to a nutsert tool is also a vast improvement over having to be a contorsionist fitting nuts to bolts all the way through the steelwork when fitting the screen.

The roll bar height was also revised and these were dropped by some 60mm too and are about level with the screen as in the first picture, and from behind per the pic. below.

All this work has been done to enable Marty to then fabricate the soft top bow mounting systems I'll need once mobile again for long trips.

Hopefull of seeing the car in my garage next week so that I can start to tinker on bits such as the clutch master cylinder I bought yesterday, as well as eletric cable re-routing, heater lines and so forth.

A happy post Christmas present to keep me off the streets.

Enjoy & Cheers

Steve
Old 12-26-2009, 01:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Hi Steve, rollbars look good at that height. I reckon the screen could be lowered another 20-25mm. Just my 2 cents worth.

Regards.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

Nice to see things moving along Steve

I think you need another couple o top coats tho...
looks nearly as thin as the covering on your head

LoBelly
Old 12-28-2009, 11:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default He He

LoBelly,

Quote:
I think you need another couple o top coats tho...
looks nearly as thin as the covering on your head

Very Funny.....

STIFFY
Old 12-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

I put it down to the open cockpit - turbulence takes its toll strand by strand

...as you well know...

LB
Old 12-30-2009, 09:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That fuel tank looks low.

From memory the screen should be 36" from the fromt edge of the scren to the rolled edge at the back of the cockpit.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Cobber

Yes you're right as the GForce manual specifies 36" and I would have built to this number.

I can only guess my underbody bar system wasn't properly set up, though not sure how I would have done this given the doors would not then have worked. Any way all corrected including a better fit onto the body and better sealing by the windscreen rubber and much easier to dismantle out of the car too.

Tank is low as I mounted beneath the chassis rather than on top as suggested by the GF manual. This means I get full use of the as made boot space rather than intruding into this area. General use was ok when I drove the car though rapid angle changes such as deep road gutters into driveways did cause some scraping. Take these at an angle and there was no dramas though.

I plan on making a sealable hatch for the hole I cut in the boot floor as this opening affords very good access to all the fuel system bits at the tank, including fuel filter location. This helps get all the smelly petrol bits out of the boot too.

LB

Glad you found that folically challenged picture of the Stiff, it helps to remind him of what he is heading towards too!!

SL
Old 01-03-2010, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default He He

Slowly,

I am already there.........

STIFFY
Old 01-03-2010, 02:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yer yer - no hair!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: