View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 05:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Cobber

Yes you're right as the GForce manual specifies 36" and I would have built to this number.

I can only guess my underbody bar system wasn't properly set up, though not sure how I would have done this given the doors would not then have worked. Any way all corrected including a better fit onto the body and better sealing by the windscreen rubber and much easier to dismantle out of the car too.

Tank is low as I mounted beneath the chassis rather than on top as suggested by the GF manual. This means I get full use of the as made boot space rather than intruding into this area. General use was ok when I drove the car though rapid angle changes such as deep road gutters into driveways did cause some scraping. Take these at an angle and there was no dramas though.

I plan on making a sealable hatch for the hole I cut in the boot floor as this opening affords very good access to all the fuel system bits at the tank, including fuel filter location. This helps get all the smelly petrol bits out of the boot too.

LB

Glad you found that folically challenged picture of the Stiff, it helps to remind him of what he is heading towards too!!

SL