View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the Bug View Post
I bet at least 90% of Ford Hot Rods are running a Chevy motor. There just isn't any moaning or hand wringing by the Hot Rod guys about running a Chevy.

Probably accurate...overall, but more newer ones,percentagewise, are being Ford powered. I only build Ford powered rods. Nothing to do with anything other than I'm a Ford guy. If I built old ponchos, I'd likely have a poncho engine. I have one exception...I may be installing a 392 Hemi in our Dearborn Deuce convertible. It is currently set up for a SBF, but I have this nice Hemi and a blower...and well...they NEED to be somewhere. If not that it will be in a T-bucket...still a Ford.
To simply answer the original post. Yes the current car is the original Brock Coupe., there was no special "magic" added. Unless that "$" name is it. I believe they introduced a second version, same basic car with the deck chairs re-arranged. Oh yeah, it has out side door buttons/handles..big deal. I've crawled through the back hatch before( so did Peter when he visited a few years ago...or maybe he had Gayle do it ) not that big a deal. I also think it has Shelby signature gauges, just like the ones he used to make back in his gauge days. I think that would fall into the deck chair comment.

Last edited by Woodz428; 01-29-2010 at 05:23 PM..