View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Not suprising to me either about Streat Beast/CMC...... What has me baffled is that the guy is actually still alive, I would have thought someone would have taken him out by now.

I had a run-in with him/his business in the early to mid 80's when I was in the market for a kit Cobra. This was before the internet and such and I could only rely on kit car magazine adds, which they had plenty of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called them and got all kinds of info and literature from them and after going over it with a fine tooth comb, decided those kits were just too much hassle with all the hodgepodge of parts it took to assemble one and decided to pass on the deal, told them soo.

They began a phone harrasment campaign with me that in the end nearly cost me my job as they called at least 3 times a week to try to force me to buy one of their kits. They would not take NO for an answer and in the end threatened to take me to court in Florida and sue me and force me to buy on of their cars!!!!!!!!! They were telling me, that as per our conversations in Flordia, that constituted a verbal contract that they could hold me to.......

I told them to go ahead and sue me, that's when the phone calls finally stopped......

At one time, I was soo fed up and mad with them, had I lived closer, I very well may have gone by there with a baseball bat or worse and spoken to them in person............

There were ( and looks like still are) the worse of the worse when it comes to business.........

David