28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     
Default If you've ever wondered about StreetBeast..

Then you may want to read this.

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/upda...ml#post1204076
Old 02-10-2010, 11:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar LS427, 408w, 48IDA Webers, TKO 600, 9" Currie 4-link 4.11 rear
Not Ranked     

Wow. Scary...
Old 02-10-2010, 12:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

Old habbits die hard........
Old 02-10-2010, 12:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

I noticed his car collection seized, did not include a StreetBeast.

Last edited by Ralphy; 02-10-2010 at 02:05 PM..
Old 02-10-2010, 12:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

Not surprising. Levin has eebn involved in fraud schemes in the kit Cobra world for many years. His company has had a number of name changes over the years, including Classic Motorworks and Street Beasts. (Not be confused with Classic Roadster, of ND). His antics have been reported on CobraCountry for years. It's sad that he still manages to sucker people out of their money.

He's always operated out of Florida. Obviously because the laws there make it easy to get away with this stuff.

He's been used many times, always managing to weasel out of it. You watch, he'll weasel out of this one, too.

The best advice is to be very cautious of any mail order company based in Florida.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Not suprising to me either about Streat Beast/CMC...... What has me baffled is that the guy is actually still alive, I would have thought someone would have taken him out by now.

I had a run-in with him/his business in the early to mid 80's when I was in the market for a kit Cobra. This was before the internet and such and I could only rely on kit car magazine adds, which they had plenty of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called them and got all kinds of info and literature from them and after going over it with a fine tooth comb, decided those kits were just too much hassle with all the hodgepodge of parts it took to assemble one and decided to pass on the deal, told them soo.

They began a phone harrasment campaign with me that in the end nearly cost me my job as they called at least 3 times a week to try to force me to buy one of their kits. They would not take NO for an answer and in the end threatened to take me to court in Florida and sue me and force me to buy on of their cars!!!!!!!!! They were telling me, that as per our conversations in Flordia, that constituted a verbal contract that they could hold me to.......

I told them to go ahead and sue me, that's when the phone calls finally stopped......

At one time, I was soo fed up and mad with them, had I lived closer, I very well may have gone by there with a baseball bat or worse and spoken to them in person............

There were ( and looks like still are) the worse of the worse when it comes to business.........

David
Old 02-10-2010, 08:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers
Not Ranked     

Good Lord!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Lol! I went through a similar experience myself, Dave, in the mid to late 80's when I was living in Canada. I had the Cobra bug bad and I had decided to get as much manufacturer information as quickly as possible and choose which one I wanted to buy. I called every company I could get a phone number for.

I had read somewhere about CMC's pressure sales tactics and sure enough, they followed the exact same pattern. After about the third call, I laughed at the guy and told him this is exactly what I was told they would do and hung up. He called twice after that but as soon as I heard his voice I would just hang up and the calls stopped coming.

A funny aside. In my mind, I had more or less narrowed my shortlist down to ERA and Unique. The Weavers were happy to chat on the phone and answer all of my newbie questions, but when I called ERA and asked if I could order an information package, the guy on the phone - I'm guessing it was Peter - sounded irritated as hell by my questions and snapped "We don't take plastic!" and ended the call. So much for that.

CMC tried to pressure me into buying a kit I didn't want and ERA basically told me to pi$$ off and leave them alone.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 02-17-2010, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Streetbeast, 351W
Not Ranked     

My friend and I didn't have any trouble with them. I guess my buddy and I got lucky.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR: 302 w/aluminum heads, Edlebrock injection. Street car trim, no scoop, side pipes or rollbar.
Send a message via AIM to Maricopa
Not Ranked     

The other villains in this loooong, sad story are the car mags that continually took CMC and SB ad dollars when it was commonplace knowledge that they were crooks.
Glad to see somebody associated with them finally get what was coming to them. Bet nobody rips off rap stars like this....