View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANAVIA View Post
I am the buyer of the CSX at the low point of western civilization. 41.9K, 1.8K to ship it cross country.. so I am in for 44. (roughly).

I have seen the same car for sale @ 54K -

CSX: There are lots of things that are great on the car, and lots of things that are not. ---but then again the original cobras were kinda peach-cobbler in places.
when I am done with my CSX it will work well and drive well. It may not be the fastest, or have the most power, but everything will work well.

As for finding out the wholesale cost - this information could be misused and screw the whole thing up.

Example; the CSX car has a whole page of options that add up into the (possibly) thousands.

I do know that my dealer lost money on my car. (on my CSX) it was sold at his advertised price, so i cant feel to bad about it.

If you want Cobras to exist, you have to buy them and service them with businesses that are a for-profit enterprise.

WARNING: If you grind a business too far on its cost basis to provide you a custom product, they are probably not going to be there very long.

as far as CSX cars , - the main thing I like about the CSX (glass) is I can lean on the fenders (hehehehe)

Right now , I am removing the HST provided wiring ( with the bilingual scotch-tape tags) and replacing it with the same Kwik-Wire harness that they use on the KMP cars , with a few mods.

I think we need an *electrical* thread on this board. --that way blas and i can focus our energy.

Steve
Steve,

Once you finish the car, it would be great to see a full side by side comparison of the CSX vs. your Superformance

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it