View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 01:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk3, 482" FE, EFI
Not Ranked     

I'm using that exact traction control unit on my Factory Five car. I'm still building my car and hope to have it finished this summer.

The Racelogic system reduces power by selectively disabling fuel injectors so the only way it can work is "through the drive shaft" as you say.

I'm aware of OEM traction control systems that control individual wheels by applying brake to the slipping wheel, rather than limiting engine output. This is less than ideal for a performance car.

I've got a 482" FE with TWM stack injection and an Electromotive TEC GT ECU. As you stated, it's key to use high impedence fuel injectors - the Racelogic circuit board cannot handle the high current demands of the low impedence injectors. I have RC Engineering injectors. I should have this thing running soon but I won't be able to drive it for a bit. I can hardly wait. One nice thing about the TEC is that it also controls spark so my setup has no distributor.

You also need individual wheel speed sensors. That can be a challenge if your parts weren't originally designed for ABS. You can use the ABS sensors (if you have them) or Racelogic sells a set of dedicated wheel speed sensors. This is what I did but I have yet to fit them to the car. I've found a way to do it but it will requiring milling slots in the rear emergency brake drums (drum in hat brake configuration). I have front Ford spindles/hubs with ABS reluctor wheels on them already so I just need to mount the sensors.

Hope that helps.