View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 12:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The (vehicle) rear speed sensor is on the gearbox (power lock diff) so I needed to mount a speed sensor on the front. I laser cut a chopper dick to mount on the rear of the hub and set up a prox switch for the signal.

If the back goes faster than the front it pulls timing, cuts spark and fuel to retain traction. All of this is infinitely variable and calculated 250 times a second. You can also set up a change over road speed where the traction control setting will allow more or less slip above a certain speed as well as have full control from a pot on the dash.

Tuning is a piece of cake, enter the engine size and injector size, set the fuel map to around 80 - 90% volumetric efficiency, set what fuel air ratios you want to run at what rpm and then go for a drive. Initially I set up a rapid learn and then after around an hour of variable driving I set up a fine tune to get it dialled in. The beauty of street tuning is that it is being tuned for how the car is used not just a high end big dyno graph number and a pig to drive.

Launch control works by holding a pre set rpm (usually peak torque rpm) until a Prue defined road speed at this point traction control takes over.

I also do a data logs to check the fuel air ratios later and they are spot on to my settings.

I have set up the second fuel map for lean cruise for long runs and around town driving.

This was also my first journey into efi and found it easy once I read the manual and took it step by step. A lot of fun and doing it myself I now know how it all works.

The adaptronic is an integrated system for engine control and traction control not a piggy back.

Last edited by *Cobber*; 03-04-2010 at 12:05 AM..