Thread: Roll Bars
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 04:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just went through engineering in Vic - no issues with roll bars - not required. Also bonnet handles weren't commented on so I guess they're OK. The engineer did say that there is some pressure from VICROADS for builders to supply photo's of the build. They are suspicious that some kit builders who are building turn-keys are actually circumventing regs regarding vehicle manufacturering.
Another glitch for Vic builders is that in addition to the normal engineering inspection you are also required to pass an emmission test - IM240. The only facility in Vic that conducts this test is VIPAC. The process takes about 2 hours and requires the car to be run on a dyno at various speeds in different gears for set periods of time while the emmissions are checked. If you are successful then a certificate is issued which you goes to your engineer to present to VICROADS with the rest of the paperwork.
Building an ICV just gets better all he time..........Oh I forgot to mention the test costs about $500.

Peter