Thread: Turkey Pan
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 09:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Turkey Pan

Alright, so I just completed "dialing" in my carb and finally put the cold air box back in and now it idles funny. Not to mentioned the PIA it was to get everything connected and adjusted.

So my question is (not really answerable since it is a taste thing) is the turkey pan worth the hassle for the look. I don't care about whether it adds or hurts performance, I just like the look, but right now, to me it's not with the hassle, should I have to adjust anything on the carb.

The idle was perfect before the pan was added, but after, it now moves around. When I stop the car at a light, it's at 1100 RPM, in about 30 seconds, it drops to 1000, then makes it's way to 700 and my cam does not like 700. I did adjust the throttle linkage after all of this (it needed it since the carb is the thickness of the pan and one extra gasket taller). So hopefully, it was not fully closing and will now be better, but that could be wishful thinking.

No need to respond, since there is no real question here, I'll update as to what I find out after the next drive. Just venting.

Ps. Yes, I am ware of the two piece turkey pan, but don't like the lack of upper lip and rivited front vs the old school one. . . .