View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 06:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Finally had a chance to see my Dad and his car. We found that the car was sitting high in the front and low in the back. We adjusted the rear to 4.75 like the manual says, and the front to 4.5, all with a person in the front seat. We then checked to camber which seemed good, with a small amount of negative camber (between 1/2deg and zero, and we reset the toe to approximatly 1/16' toe in. I just noticed that you sugested .25 deg camber, I assume you did mean it as positive.

This has helped some, but the car still is overly responsive to steering input. Due to at large Canton oil pan hanging down below the scatter shield, we are not willing to lower the car to the suggested specs above. May need to change the pan in the future.

Not sure what to do next, we wanted to remove a front coil over, and measure the bump steer, but we ran out of time. Dad would like to install a slower rack. Does any one have a suggestion for a rack that will help with bumpsteer in a mark I by shortening or lengthening the inner tie rod positions?
I know he wouldn't mind the easier steering, and he's never going autocrossing. The unit in the car looks like it's right out of a loaner car.