View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 04:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If it was registered as a 1965 in Texas does CA have to honor that? I was told this on another forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick61 View Post
IF the car was LEGALLY registered in Texas as a 1965, you may be able to register it as a 1965 in California, under the "full faith & credit" clause in the motor vehicle code. (Note: a few years ago, it was perfectly legal to title a vehicle in Texas using the year the vehicle RESEMBLED- but things may have changed) But as for the "full faith & credit" clause... what it boils down to is: if Texas recognized (and titled) the car as a 1965, California should give "full faith & credit" to the out-of-state title & recognize it as a '65 as well. It's a loophole in the system, and I've heard they're trying to close that loophole, but it may be a possibility & would get you out of the whole SB-100 nightmare/PIA. BUT... IF there were some shenanigans performed regarding proper titling of the vehicle... I concur that going through the SB-100 process is the way to go. You might want to take a look at the California motor vehicle code & see if that clause is still there... not to mention, find out all you can about the original titling of the car in Texas. Like I said... titling as a '65 MIGHT be an option, but the SB-100 process is probably the best way to go to be safe. Check out the "Registration Forum" on Club Cobra... lots of info on this particular subject.