View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 07:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     
Default Chasing wiring route ideas

Folks

Am still struggling to get on with my rebuild, mainly through a lack of time, but am getting some success including re-routing of my wiring to particularly hide it in the engine bay area.

Have had some good results so far, particularly with my loom to the motor now coming in through the tunnel and up behind the engine to hide this loom.

Have been also working on the ancillaries loom for the rest of the engine bay, lights, horns etc. and it is the routing of this bundle of wires that is giving me some decision grief.

This loom comes out of the firewall above the driver's footbox and close to the outside body skin. I've mounted loom attachment hangers to the underside of the body that now lead to a grommet I've fitted through the rear wall of the front wheel arch to pass the loom into the arch area above the front driver's wheel.

So it is from here that I have issues.

The engine bay up front here is seriously uncluttered and even with the radiator in place I don't seem to have too many hiding places to run the loom totally hidden. Upper chassis frames have some gap to any nearby bodywork too.

What suggestions can anyone fire at me to be able to traverse the loom to the passenger side?

I spent a good hour last night playing with some flex to see how I might make this traverse and at the moment the best I would get is having two small sections of loom visible transferring between each wheel guard side panel.

For those somewhat familiar with the GForce / RMC radiator set up, this has now been replaced with a Kennmer style radiator mount, so very upright and surrounded atop by a fixed frame and below by the removable component.

I will take some pictures tonight to help provide some visual description to all this.

However any thoughts in advance would be appreciated.

It can only help me speed up the rebuild!

Thanks Team