View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 08:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

I love the scenery in Yellowstone. But, Mid July is not the time to visit. There were about a gazillion tourists there from all over the world. They're all in a hurrey - pushing and not watching where they're going. That is, until they get on the road. Then they can't seem to get moving faster than 30! Mile after mile in 3rd gear.

An SUV or RV may have 15-20 vehicles backed up behind him, but he's not moving over for anyone. If you pull over to enjoy the view, the road will be empty for about 5 minutes. kind of eery, actually. Then you'll get 20 vehicles in a slow moving freight train.

Then, finally, that 30mph RV will pull over, and the SUV behind him will speed up to 31mph! Wow, we're movin now.

10 reason to Visit Yellowstone in July:

10. You like hiking in groups of 50
9. Second gear is the only one that works.
8. You enjoy the screaming of toddlers.
7. You like to watch 10 year olds throw a fit at the store
6. You enjoy the sound of shuffeling feet made by hundreds of people.
5. You don't want to visit the gift shop anyway
4. You plan participating in a Moose Jam.
3. You love getting the elbow from Chinese tourists.
2. $8 for a hot dog sounds reasonable. As does $5 for a pint of cold water.

And, finally, the most important reason of all.....

1. Yellowstone National Park really is one of the seven wonders of the world. If you die without visiting here, your life is not complete.

I'v had a wondefull week here. I' seen some great scenery, visited with some wild life, and recharged my batteries. I even managed to learn some new material very important for my job.

Tomorrow, unfortunatly, it's time for me to head home. I'll probably post on Mondya or Tuesday how the trip went.

For anyone who has never visited this area, you need to. There are a few truly amazing places in this little corner of the galaxey; this is one of them.