Thread: quest for cobra
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 08:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

Oscar,
Here are a few more thoughts to add to what's already been said. First, know that some cars like the Superformance are mostly factory assembled, so there is a degree of consistency in their build quality. Other like the Everett-Morrison are individually assembled, so each car reflects the preferences, experience and skill of its builder. Some individually built cars are great and some are not even safe. Unless you know a lot about car construction, have someone you trust inspect the car before you buy it.

Your preference for a 4" round tube frame with IRS makes it sound like you are leaning toward an Everett-Morrison, perhaps with a Corvette suspension. I've been very happy with mine, but understand that this combo limits your wheel choices. You won't be able to get the traditional deep dish look with this. I mention this to reinforce what was said in some of the earlier posts. The first thing you need to decide is what you are going to do with your Cobra. Is your priority authentic looks, car show trophies, easy cruising, occasional trips to the drags or the race track, good gas mileage, or really big horsepower numbers you can put behind your signature when you post on the forum? Once you decide why you want the car, it will be easier to suggest a particular car for you to consider. Good luck with the search.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor