View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 02:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Terry,
I couldn't agree more. MSD boxes are the norm these days, seems like every third one I install wants to act up one way or the other but always seem to come around.

This last car with an aftermarket EFI PCM was driving me nuts, finally found out that the PCM was reading a false, "false" Replaced the PCM with a rebuilt one and everything was OK, after hours of trouble shooting. Now the owner, because his car wont run right or even start has taken the new (Re-built unit out) and sending it to the manufacturer to see if it IS the "heart" of the problem again.

Ahh the days of stuck points, cracked distributor caps, distributors 180 degrees out! The Good Ol Days!

My (Last Streetrod-'40 Willys) has MILES of wiring in it, everything is remote controlled, or directly hard wired from the tilt electric hood to the windows, door locks, doors, trunk lid. Wiring that automatically stops the hood from opening/closing if one door is open, three fuze boxes, 12 relays (at least), center custom console with electric window switches, door and window switches, air conditioning, Ignition, fuel pump AND more! Sheesh

The entire front end, headlights, turn signals, parking lights are wired where there are NO exposed wiring, hood open or closed! (Now that took some ingenuity!)

All wiring is done to Aircraft Standards from wiring to connectors. All splices are done to Fords Tech. specifications. Test,test,test!

The only thing not in this thing is an electrical Automatic fire safety system! Shhhhhh.

All in a days work!