Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-02-2010, 05:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 592
Not Ranked     

It sounds like he is just airing his dirty laundry in front of everyone. These things shouldn't be out in the public unless someone stole money. Unless I missed it that didn't happen
Old 08-02-2010, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII 351W/408 Stroker
Send a message via AIM to capteddie
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng8264723 View Post
It sounds like he is just airing his dirty laundry in front of everyone. These things shouldn't be out in the public unless someone stole money. Unless I missed it that didn't happen
Ok dude.... Let it go

DV and I will work this off line from here on out. Like he said in his post, if he gets the car back. He'll post what fixes he needed to take to get things right.

You should stop trying to throw gas on a flame that really isn't there. DV and I have been working on this car for over 3 years and yes, things have gotten tense. Again back off....

Go see whats going on over in the Kirkam forum and let the CR folks work our stuff out. Because like I said earlier. You probably have NO clue what some of the CRII people have gone through with the company closing its doors early, mid or late build.

Jamo > PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LOCK THIS THREAD DOWN

Last edited by capteddie; 08-02-2010 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: I got more pissed off
Old 08-02-2010, 06:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oh and by the way.... ng8264723 (whatever the hell that stands for)

This is what dirty laundry looks like and thats not what we're talking about here.

And if you want to... show me a thread you started that has over 81K views and has added value to the CR and cobra community. Man, people like this just piss me off to no end.

Last edited by capteddie; 08-02-2010 at 06:36 PM..
Old 08-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Hmmm...I appreciate the performance art.

DV...want it closed? The first reply to your thread sort of knocked it off the road a bit.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

DV will always be my hero, no matter what!!! Thanks for your contributions to the community over the years Ed (DV).
Old 08-02-2010, 06:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
Hmmm...I appreciate the performance art.

DV...want it closed? The first reply to your thread sort of knocked it off the road a bit.
Sorry. I did turn this boat into harms way.

DV, the car is coming back to you (that gets the thread sort of back on topic)

We do need to talk about expectations and timelines.

Did I get your email back online?
Old 08-02-2010, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I love a happy ending
Old 08-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

me too
Old 08-02-2010, 07:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

I think I'm gonna cry!

________
Old 08-02-2010, 10:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

I'm glad you guys can work it out. Best of luck.

John
Old 08-03-2010, 01:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Doc,
Facts,facts,facts! Your Diagnosis reminds me of the Dr. I happened to get after my stroke. Four hours in the ER, slurred speech, couldn't walk without help, BP over 200 AND dirty underwear.... Took the Dr. all FOUR hours to determine a stroke vs. being drunk! And, I hadn't had a drink in months! (I don't drink a six-pack a year!)

Ma.-huh? Think for both our sakes I'll stay in Pentwater. (Being a Vet. I never dreamed I would ever see a post like yours from a Dr.! Nurses, Dr.'s, Corpsmen, walk on water in my book, maybe I'll have to change that to shallow puddles

Bottom line, Cpteddie went through a full gamut of irresponsible problems with his car. He was feeling pretty beat up overtime. Weekly I told him I had to fix something, replace something, modify something, parts unavailable, parts that he spent serious dollars on were wrong or wouldn't work, having to make or modify parts and of course I couldn't keep to my schedule (that I told him-because of it all and I must be working slower than I think I am!)

He and I finally agreed that his car was ready to go home and that he (would finish turning wrenches so he could get it home)

Personally Doc, loose, very loose roll bar bolts are to me much more serious than dirty underwear!

You think a guy (ME) likes to air his air "Dirty Laundry" in public? This is a professional build site, especially for Classic Roadster guys, I try to help in what ever way I can. I Don't walk on water or even pretend to walk on puddles. When I make mistakes, I hope they do go public, it may save someone else a headache and help them build a better car.

That IS what this forum is about!

Jamo, I still remember the thrill you gave me on my first Autocross run-Awesome! I also found the "No Show" avatar button, so many years have gone by since reading all the toys that are available here I simply forgot that one existed.

Ya this one got off topic a little, but what it has covered, I think was well worth it....Better than a long couch! Might even make a safer car down the road.

Lock if you want, but please not on my account. This ol' hill-billy (I can say that because I are one!) has pretty scared, calloused skin. If I can't take the heat I shouldn't even get close to the kitchen!

Dv
Old 08-03-2010, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

That's the Ed I know.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Dang Jamo, Do you ever sleep?
Old 08-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Jamo never sleeps,,,,, he waits.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Maybe time to quit anyway. The last one started, ran find, turned it off as reported and then everything went Dead! Ok, simple fix, wire was loose on the ignition switch. George got it home started it again, and again, motor (EFI) with an aftermarket PCM system, then started running real rough and I understand it now wont start gain! Bahh - Humbugg!

Kind of makes you doubt yourself, two in a row with some type of problems!
Old 08-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

DV,

Sounds to me like aftermarket ignition systems and computers. I was told when I bought mine NOT to go with EFI or any other computer run systems that take an engineer to set up. That was exactly because of the issues that you have been experiencing. Stay to stock type ignition systems and carburetors is what I was told.

That could be it, or not, what the he!! do I know.

TTYL
Old 08-10-2010, 02:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Terry,
I couldn't agree more. MSD boxes are the norm these days, seems like every third one I install wants to act up one way or the other but always seem to come around.

This last car with an aftermarket EFI PCM was driving me nuts, finally found out that the PCM was reading a false, "false" Replaced the PCM with a rebuilt one and everything was OK, after hours of trouble shooting. Now the owner, because his car wont run right or even start has taken the new (Re-built unit out) and sending it to the manufacturer to see if it IS the "heart" of the problem again.

Ahh the days of stuck points, cracked distributor caps, distributors 180 degrees out! The Good Ol Days!

My (Last Streetrod-'40 Willys) has MILES of wiring in it, everything is remote controlled, or directly hard wired from the tilt electric hood to the windows, door locks, doors, trunk lid. Wiring that automatically stops the hood from opening/closing if one door is open, three fuze boxes, 12 relays (at least), center custom console with electric window switches, door and window switches, air conditioning, Ignition, fuel pump AND more! Sheesh

The entire front end, headlights, turn signals, parking lights are wired where there are NO exposed wiring, hood open or closed! (Now that took some ingenuity!)

All wiring is done to Aircraft Standards from wiring to connectors. All splices are done to Fords Tech. specifications. Test,test,test!

The only thing not in this thing is an electrical Automatic fire safety system! Shhhhhh.

All in a days work!