View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 02:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #164 427 Med Rise Side-Oiler, 4 Speed Toploader
Not Ranked     

Thanks Rick, I'll check them out.

I think I could probably get away with not replacing the sway bar bushings immediately. They aren't in the worst shape, but the end link bushings definitely need replacing so I figured while I'm at it, I'd get the sway bar bushings as well.

It wouldn't be so difficult but anymore nobody can help you find a replacement part unless you can tell them what make and model car you're trying to replace it from which obviously doesn't apply here. I can't stand that.

Maybe my memory is bad but 20 years ago it seems I could have walked into the local auto parts store and browsed through the suspension section at all the available bushing sets. They probably wouldn't carry the correct part for this application, but then the employees could look up the correct part by DIMENSIONS and order it for me. Today you walk in and ask for help and it's immediately, "ok, what kind of car is it". If you don't have a late make or model then you're out of luck because the parts aren't organized behind the counter by type, they're organized by brand and only locatable by searching for the vehicle type on the computer.

I guess I'll just have to rely on the internet from here on out.