View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
Take some regular dish washing liquid and some warm water. Cut up some strips of a nice bath towel, about 1" wide and 3" long. Pour the premixed liquid into the light housings, add 2or 3 pieces of rag inside each lens , swirl and agitate for a few mins. Empty and rinse with tap water. If they are still not clear, repeat as necessary. ( Some people us chopsticks with the rags connected to them and spine the chopsticks like a washer agitator - but tri-bars could give you problems) When you are satisfied with the cleaning, final rinse them again with distilled water. The get a couple bottles of isopropyl alcohol. Add a half cup to each housing, swirl so all areas are cleared of water, Dump alcohol, then refill with some alcohol, dump again, and let air dry opening down (NOT in the sun) If you did it right, they look like new.
Dang, that has the ring of authority. That's exactly what I'll do tomorrow. I'd do it tonight, but the only alcohol in the house is single malt scotch....