View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 04:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     
Default Three Weeks and Counting....tick...tick...tick

That's right Run N Gun is just three weeks away and we are planning three days that you will be talking about for a long time. I know of at least four or five people that are burning the midnight oil to complete projects on their cars before Run N Gun. One engine upgrade to a stroker, two complete builds, at least one thrashing on a suspension and some one is tinkering with their webbers.....I wonder who that could be?

At any rate we are all getting ready to some degree and there will be at least one or two of US that will be bringing our cars that may not be completely ready for primetime but they will be close enough. So here is some advise to avoid any surprises at tech:

Tech you own car before you show up eg.: brake lights, ball joint play, lug nuts are tight, battery positive cable is taped at the battery, steering is firm, brakes are completely functional. Most of the tech procedure is common sense but one thing a lot of first timers forget is that motorcycle helments are not approved. If you are not wearing a race suit be sure and wear cotton pants and long sleved shirt---no polyester.

If your plans have changed and you have not registered yet and want to attend you can do so at the track. If you think you may attend send me a registration with your information on it and you can pay at the track at checkin and registration. We want everyone to enjoy their Run N Gun experience as much as possible and to tell their friends how much fun they had this year. My information can be found on our web site at www.runngun.net

I am looking forward to meeting each of you in a few weeks.

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"