Thread: rocker ?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 10:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     

In your case you can use a stock rocker but yu need after market hardened shafts. It al coms down to te spring pressure and how agressive the camshaft is. I have not tried any of the cheaper shaft rocker arm assemblies that have been out he last few years but at the price they sell them for I do not see how they can make a very good set up. When it comes to the FE engines we build I will not use a cheap of brand rocker arm systm. We use either the Erson which we have a few left of or the new T&D set up that is the nicest factory syle set up that I have seen. They are a little more money at 895.00 but beats having to go back into the engine or being broke down.
When any new set up comes out we like to test before we put lot of it out on the market. I have not had a chance to test the PRW stuff but seems pretty cheap for a FE roller rocker set up, I guess time will tell.
Like I said you could use stock stands with stock rockers and hardened shafts and be fine. You can even go to the adjustable stock 427 rocker if you want to be able to able to adjust them.

Good Luck, Keth Craft