View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 04:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     
Default Street Legal Sprint Car Build- Need ideas

Hello guys, we race 360 winged sprint cars. I'm building a custom street legal, in-line two seat sprint, that will look just like our racer. It will be used as a tool, to inform people with our cause, "Racers Against Texting While Driving". I have already posted a thread about my niece dieing while texting. If you want to read about her accident and the plans to utilize this sprint, here is the link.

http://clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106060

We built the first single seat, sprint for a customer. It turned out very well and photo's are below. The purpose of this thread, is to gain ideas on some of the customizing, and to refine the car.

Headlights, turn signals & brake lights-

HEADLIGHTS-

The normal round headlight's look too large, like a big BUG.
The smaller rectangle's look better, but not great.

Are there any removable "quick disconnect" headlight's on the market for like Hot Rods ?

It would have to be simple, and not a pain in the @ss to unbolt/un-clamp.

TURN SIGNALS-

The sprint car bumper below, would be great to french-in signals. A few years ago, I saw a Hot Rod that the signals were shaped as arrow's, and looked great, but I don't recall how they were cut and what were used for a lens and light ?

BRAKE LIGHTS-

The same french-in applies here also. Either in the "down tubes" or in the rear bumper. Look at the photo's and shoot me some ideas.

Last edited by FUNFER2; 09-17-2010 at 05:05 PM..