Thread: News?????
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 08:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     
Default Berry, berry bizzy !!

Didn't get a lot of track time Wed and Thur due to rain. Just some lead/follow. Thurs it rained hard all am and George took us to the IMAX theater for our driver's meeting. Then he hosted 70 of us for lunch at Murphey's Wagon Wheel. We went back to the track for happy hour at the clubhouse.

Weather finally dried out and we had a sunny day on Friday. I think the three run groups all got about 6 sessions on the 2.15 mi track. We are all very pleased with George's hospitality and his track. I don't have lots of pics as I have no pit crew to take up that task, but I think I have a video that is You Tubeable. Will have to wait till I have time to edit it.

There was a King of the Hill event this afternoon after all the sessions. Think 'Top Gear' on BBC and their feature 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.' The top 12 drivers from today got to take a timed lap in a Chev Cobalt with a governor on it. Don't know the results, I left before it was over. I understand there was a trick to beat the governor that someone knew.

I ran well and didn't break. I think my best lap was a 1.44.36. Don Barnes did a 1.44.06, so I was pleased and disappointed at the same time The best times were in the 1.30's, turned in by the Lotus Seven/Brunton Stalker cars. Clois, Mat, and I had a great session near the end and almost raced But of course we know there is no racing at RnG Jay got on the track with the Chaparral (two motors!) And there were the usual mechanical problems with several cars ..

Sat we do the Autocross and the Barrel of Monkeys. Then the awards banquet at noon and we all bail after that. It's 11 hours back to McK, so will stay one night in OKC, I think. Larry, and Wild Bill .. we missed you!

Sam