17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 09-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     
Default News?????

Well...let's hear the latest and the greatest from Run'nRun 2010. Who has the "Hot Shoe"? Who is going to post some pictures? What's happening? Does anybody know how to type on a key board and share their experiences? How's the weather...the track...the cleanest bathrooms this side of your own home...the steak house, "Plainsman"...Don Barnes once again instruction of "Cold everything"...you know brakes, track, tires, brain, and beer? Has Jay been behaving himself? Geeeez sssSammy, how about some news?

We're just kinda hopin' you guys would have a heart and let us in on your f&%$#&^@g fun! Thanks in advance for your in depth reports.

Last edited by LREYBURN; 09-23-2010 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 09-23-2010, 08:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

It appears from other posts it's raining so they probably are hanging in the garage area telling lies>>>
Old 09-24-2010, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

We had beautiful skies and super weather today. I am not sure who won King of the hill, but it was between the top 15 drivers.
I took a nice 360 in front of the main straight just to prove to every one that it could be done!
Tomorrow autocross and barrel races.

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 09-24-2010, 06:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley 427
Not Ranked     

Ok since I am not a storyteller, here instead are a few photos from today... By the way, have lots more so if you are looking for something let me know, I might have it.
Attached Images

Usually spotted on two wheels...
2005 Yamaha R1 for the street
2004 Yamaha R6 for the track
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250 for the gas milage...
Old 09-24-2010, 08:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     
Default Berry, berry bizzy !!

Didn't get a lot of track time Wed and Thur due to rain. Just some lead/follow. Thurs it rained hard all am and George took us to the IMAX theater for our driver's meeting. Then he hosted 70 of us for lunch at Murphey's Wagon Wheel. We went back to the track for happy hour at the clubhouse.

Weather finally dried out and we had a sunny day on Friday. I think the three run groups all got about 6 sessions on the 2.15 mi track. We are all very pleased with George's hospitality and his track. I don't have lots of pics as I have no pit crew to take up that task, but I think I have a video that is You Tubeable. Will have to wait till I have time to edit it.

There was a King of the Hill event this afternoon after all the sessions. Think 'Top Gear' on BBC and their feature 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.' The top 12 drivers from today got to take a timed lap in a Chev Cobalt with a governor on it. Don't know the results, I left before it was over. I understand there was a trick to beat the governor that someone knew.

I ran well and didn't break. I think my best lap was a 1.44.36. Don Barnes did a 1.44.06, so I was pleased and disappointed at the same time The best times were in the 1.30's, turned in by the Lotus Seven/Brunton Stalker cars. Clois, Mat, and I had a great session near the end and almost raced But of course we know there is no racing at RnG Jay got on the track with the Chaparral (two motors!) And there were the usual mechanical problems with several cars ..

Sat we do the Autocross and the Barrel of Monkeys. Then the awards banquet at noon and we all bail after that. It's 11 hours back to McK, so will stay one night in OKC, I think. Larry, and Wild Bill .. we missed you!

Sam
Old 09-25-2010, 03:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Sorry you guys couldn't make it

MPH has layed out the red carpet and just been super. The track is large, long and fast. Wear and tear is starting to show up on both cars and drivers. Some guys only made 3 runs over the 2.15 course. George is going to have the R&G next year at this track, Anyone who has been to R&G, like me and and I have been going to them since 92, this is the best place. Autocross an barrel race today. Had a little rain come through about 3:30am cst time. I am lucky by having a 1 hour advantage over the other guys. The track is large and long. 140+ mph on the long back stretch. 1 off set camber turn and some off angle turns. Run off areas are huge. 4-6 cars spun out and no damage other then the removal of hay from the grills and radiators. Matt's Dad came with a new car and the butterflys just love it. The road kill number was 7 yesterday. 2 excaped when the car stopped.
My road trip was 1,448 miles and 27 hours of driving. The town people are great, the I-MAX and movie where great when it rained for a couple of hours. Weather has been warm and in the low 80's when not raining. Friday was a perfect day for race cars. A little rain has fallen, but the MPH gang has the track dry in under 1 hour, that's 2.15 miles. Drainage is super. George may charge fines for tearing up his new grass. I have been lucky with testing out the safety crew and had a small fire under the hood. Cool and quick safety crew put out the fire and no damage to the car or paint job. Need new battery cable and will be running this morning.
If any of you come here next year, bring pop up tents and sunscreen. The track will have a 1/4 drag strip next year. The final plans are in the works.
Was the trip worth the drive,,, YES. I will try and do this again next year. With family loss this year, I have put a large load on Deb to take care of the animals and other things around the house. This is not easy to a city girl, even after 20+ years of living here. I will try and come next year. To the rest of you's, I will tell you to put the dates on the calender for next year. It's well worth the trip. Rick L.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the update and picks guys my heart is with you.I bumped up my work time onthe car working 15+ hours a day since I had the time off for RNG its close to firing so next year sounds great.Hopefully I can still get out to Heartland park before the year is up .Have fun out ther Who can smoke ther tires the best around the Barrel
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 09-25-2010, 07:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MKIII #887, drive it a lot!
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Kellogg
Not Ranked     

Keep the updates and photos coming!

Rick - any data on distance covered to get to Run & Gun this year? Sounds like you might be a winner for that award!
Jim Kellogg
Breesport, NY
Old 09-25-2010, 07:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Is Dean there with his new Hurricane?
Old 09-25-2010, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

Yeah I was there with the car but when I arrived, I had 1.5 miles on the car and unfortunately alot of the bugs needed to work themselves out over the last 3 days. I was not what I had hoped for but I had a great time and the car is ready to go now. Next year will be a blast. It was great to see so many new faces and old friends. It was a little over 24 hours round trip for me and at 3:30 am this morning I was hating the drive but i am already looking forward to coming back next year.

I do have some pictures of the Hurricane cars on the track that i will post when I get a chance.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Run N Gun was a blast, can't wait till next year!
A few more photos of the fun, sure enjoyed watching all the tire smoke in the barrel races!
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2010, 10:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And a few more...
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2010, 06:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Sammy... now tell the full story, I was on street tires and you were on slicks so that is a little bit of difference. But I will say you have come a long way since your first track events. I'm sure someone will post all the official results so I don't appear to be bragging about winning Big Block AutoX and Big Block Road Course on street tires. LOL, db
Old 09-28-2010, 07:55 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Barnes View Post
Sammy... now tell the full story, I was on street tires and you were on slicks so that is a little bit of difference. But I will say you have come a long way since your first track events. I'm sure someone will post all the official results so I don't appear to be bragging about winning Big Block AutoX and Big Block Road Course on street tires. LOL, db
Brag away DB .. I'm just tickled to be in the same tick of the stopwatch with you, slicks notwithstanding I had a ball

Sam

Last edited by SSSammy; 09-29-2010 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: Correct spelling
Old 09-28-2010, 04:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok...someone must of had their video camera going?
Old 09-29-2010, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

The King of the Hill went to Jonathan Blevins (a very creative and capable driver).

Grand Overall Champion went to John Meyers

Scott Holley won Big Block Pro
Don Barnes won Big Block Street
Rob Roush won Small block Street
John Meyers won Small Block Pro and Overall Grand Champion
Chad Lamb won Late Model Pony Car
Mike Knorr Won 4/6 Power Adder Pro
Jim Woodsmall won 4/6 Street
David Seybold won 4/6 Pro
Pete Challinor won 4/6 PA Pro
Jay Nordstrom won GTP (no class)

We are waiting on our web site to be updated with all the official results. This year had many novice drivers that had never driven on any track and suprisingly they posted times of less than one second difference to some of our more seasoned drivers and winners. George Anderson was the host with the most and was a pleasure to work with during this event. Everyone knows you can't change the weather but George made a grey day pretty "GREEN" at the IMAX. I was so busy during the event I was only able to get on the road course twice, the auto cross once, and no time on the barrel race which proved to be a bit more difficult than everyone expected.

I will post more updates asap but for now I haven't even looked at my wifes pictures because she is busy sending out trophy's and shirts for those that left early or didnt' show up.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 09-29-2010, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Jim,

To answer your question regarding distance for Rick Lake I believe he told me each way was just about 1400 miles. For me it was 500+ miles and for Robi Fuller who drove from Las Angeles it was close to 1800 miles. Dennis Brunton from Palmeto, Florida drove approximately 2000 miles (all distances are one way).

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 09-29-2010, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Video

Gary, all the video we have.... was shot away from the track and cannot be posted to protect the guilty. All I can say was it was not pretty. Bring that carbon fiber monster next year out to play. db