Thread: News?????
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 03:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Sorry you guys couldn't make it

MPH has layed out the red carpet and just been super. The track is large, long and fast. Wear and tear is starting to show up on both cars and drivers. Some guys only made 3 runs over the 2.15 course. George is going to have the R&G next year at this track, Anyone who has been to R&G, like me and and I have been going to them since 92, this is the best place. Autocross an barrel race today. Had a little rain come through about 3:30am cst time. I am lucky by having a 1 hour advantage over the other guys. The track is large and long. 140+ mph on the long back stretch. 1 off set camber turn and some off angle turns. Run off areas are huge. 4-6 cars spun out and no damage other then the removal of hay from the grills and radiators. Matt's Dad came with a new car and the butterflys just love it. The road kill number was 7 yesterday. 2 excaped when the car stopped.
My road trip was 1,448 miles and 27 hours of driving. The town people are great, the I-MAX and movie where great when it rained for a couple of hours. Weather has been warm and in the low 80's when not raining. Friday was a perfect day for race cars. A little rain has fallen, but the MPH gang has the track dry in under 1 hour, that's 2.15 miles. Drainage is super. George may charge fines for tearing up his new grass. I have been lucky with testing out the safety crew and had a small fire under the hood. Cool and quick safety crew put out the fire and no damage to the car or paint job. Need new battery cable and will be running this morning.
If any of you come here next year, bring pop up tents and sunscreen. The track will have a 1/4 drag strip next year. The final plans are in the works.
Was the trip worth the drive,,, YES. I will try and do this again next year. With family loss this year, I have put a large load on Deb to take care of the animals and other things around the house. This is not easy to a city girl, even after 20+ years of living here. I will try and come next year. To the rest of you's, I will tell you to put the dates on the calender for next year. It's well worth the trip. Rick L.