Old 10-26-2010, 10:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Evans kit, 6 litre, 6 speed, Jag F/R,
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the interest LoBelly,
here are a few random pics of late.

Out of the shed again.

Fabbing some ally bits, old glass tunnel out, narrow ally one in, plus ally rear firewall. Handbrake is functional finally.

Everything is only half in at best, wiring needs a bit more, need seat mounts and rails, some idiot lights for the dash. I'm running things off just the surge tank at the moment, it's perched up in the passenger seat.

Cooling and pulley setup almost nailed. The power steer delete pulley is made from 10 mm ally plate with an EF Falcon idler pulley. The legs for it are 1/2" S/S tube but will be replaced by 3/4 or 1" ally posts. Alternator mount bracket is standard LS1 with the VY type alternator rotated and a top brace made. (my loom has VZ and VY type alternator plugs, just in case I get caught out somewhere). Top radiator hose is std. V6 Lexcen etc, easy to get. The steam pipe to radiator bleed hose is oxygen mask medical tube from an op. I had a few weeks back. Header tank or inline fill coming soon.

Bathurst weekend was used to enjoy BBQ meat, drink bulk, watch the race in the shed and fit dummy rollbar stays. Don't you just love attacking one of these with a holesaw.
The boot floor was removed, some work done, once the rollbar mount plate is all done the floor will be glassed in again, surge tank goes up the front of the boot under the high mount light.

Exhaust fully welded, mounted, done WOOHOO. It even passed scrutiny from the helpers.

Yesterday I mounted the clutch master cyl. Today I have the gearbox holding by one bolt, ready to add the clutch fluid line which will be finalised tomorrow.
Maybe by the weekend I can motor it back and forth under its own steam.

Last edited by Outwest34au; 10-26-2010 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: DOH, cant spell for shiP