View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 03:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

My car has a modified 347 and no screen and Wazza's is similarly configured. I think Wazza was running large diameter slicks and I was running smaller (15in) diameter road [legal] tyres - Hoosier R6 -, I was sharing the car with Peter - Wazza split our best times. So I would say that there is relatively little in the distinction at that point.

I'm happy to turn up and enjoy the fun of being back on the Winton track...

It doesn't make any difference to me whether I'm in a Race class or any other class...it will be plenty of fun I'm sure...

BUT...

I wouldn't take much notice of my Nationals time as a guide for how the different tyres compare.

That posted time of 1.11.35 was actually Ron Ford driving, and he had a wet track on slicks.

That's a pretty quick time in those conditions, but when we had a dry track on practice day, we were down to the 1min. 6 sec. mark.

Of course the tyres come into it, but there's plenty of other factors to consider....

I'd suggest we can get too complicated in choosing the different classes...there's probably only 50 cars to separate.....don't want 50 different classes I'm guessing.

Let's just break it up into areas....you know...STATES !!!!