View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 01:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison no. 9, Pace GT40 no. 14 build
Not Ranked     
Default New Harrison ready for final QT inspection

In about a weeks time, I hope to have the Cobra registered and ready to take on a few test runs. As I am the third owner of chassis number 9, it has been a long road for this build. I have had it for about 2.5 years but due to a very busy work schedule, decided to ask Warwick to finish it to a stage where I could get it on the road. Thanks goes to Warwick, Peter Hancock, Harbourtown Paint and Curumbin Trimmers who all did a great job in putting it together. The 4.6L motor is from a Mustang (was fitted when I bought the chassis) with a Tremec gearbox, Voodoo blue paint and Halibrand replica wheels.

The first QT inspection was in mid December and I had to trailer the Cobra to Gladstone (2 hour drive) but almost didn't make it. On the highway, I was overtaken by one of those 'wicked' backpacker vans who must have been checking out the car as he pulled out in front of a Commodore trying to overtake us both. So for a few hundred metres, there were three of us abreast barrelling down the single lane highway - very nerve racking. The Commodore stopped a couple of k's down the road and gestured furiously as the van went past who amazingly stopped as well - I kept going so not sure what happened.

The inspection required about a half dozen minor issues to be resolved before sign off so this has given me a chance to go over the build carefully and make sure everthing was ok whilst carrying out the fixes.

So hopefully, everything will go ok on the 1st Feb and am planning to make a couple of trips to Brisbane this year for a club breakfast or two. Also greatly appreciate the forum and other club members comments and ideas.

Derek