View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 07:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Neutral     
Default classic roadsters healey

This is my first post here and am happy to find this site. I hope that I can gather some good tips here on my "restoration" of my classic roadsters healey.

I have had the car for about 2 years and have really had fun with it. It was assembed in 1986 and has a stock flat tappet 302 with a 4 speed and 3.50 track lock 8" rearend. The car is a 3000 version and has the simulated louver hood ( I would like to locate a hood with the scoop on it). The car also has cobra style sidepipes on it. They are painted black and I would be very interested in a polished ss set for the car if the regular cobra pipes would fit.The pipes on the car look like they may have been homemade and are welded to the header tubes ( I may have to cut them to get them off). They stop about 6" short of where they should also.

Unfortunately the car had been sitting outside for a few years before I aquired it and the red gel coat finish has completly faded out on the hood and trunk of the car. I am going to paint the car either kandy kobolt blue (HOK) or gloss black. Also the wiring and steering column will be upgraded when I take the car apart for proper restoration.

There are some parts I am looking for and maybe someone here can help.

1. classic roadsters healey 3000 series hood with scoop
2. chrome grille surround ( will the replica grilles for the actual healeys fit?)
3. where to find a top boot ( may have to have a custom one made)
4. chrome windshield pillar covers

Thank you in advance..... since classic roadsers is no longer in business I have no idea where to try to locate these parts except somewhere like this.

Dave