View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 09:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the reply. I kind of figured that I would be out of luck on any body parts for the car. It's not that the louvered hood is bad looking, I just like the scooped hood look better.... I think there are a couple of specialty chrome shops that could plate the plastic grille surround and windshield pillars, but it would cost a fortune plus I am not keen on shipping non replaceable parts across the country...

I guess I should just put a nice paint job on the car with some cobra wheels and see about chrome plating or jet hot coating the sidepipes that are on the car. New tilt steering column and some nice dress pieces on the plain jane motor and I will be good to go.

I can do a sweet paint job myself in the shop in the back and the only thing that will cost any cash is the wheels/tires and pipe plating.

I really like the car.... it reminds me of an upscale version of the 23 t bucket I built with a 351c back in the mid 80's!!