View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 983 392 430hp/450T, World Class T5
Not Ranked     
Default Need HELP In Illinois Registration

I went to register my new Backdraft today at the Secretary of State facility and they told me I needed to call the State Police department to register. I called them this morning and the typical Goverment crap as the message says they have a lot of work and basically will call back when they feel like it. I left message this morning and never heard back...hopefully I will hear from them Monday but I am not counting on it. It looks like I will not be able to drive until I hear back from them, then I have to mail them info, and then they schedule an inspection. My question is has anyone else experienced this and how long does the process take in Illinois? My other question is they gave me requirements for constructed vehicles and it states that bumpers must extend to the outermost part of tires and needs an adequate muffler. Obvoisly the quick jacks and sidepipes don't meet these 2 requirments. What have others done in Illinois to pass?

I am anxious to drive my new toy and it feels like it is weeks away with this process. Any help would be appreciated.