17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-11-2011, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 983 392 430hp/450T, World Class T5
Not Ranked     
Default Need HELP In Illinois Registration

I went to register my new Backdraft today at the Secretary of State facility and they told me I needed to call the State Police department to register. I called them this morning and the typical Goverment crap as the message says they have a lot of work and basically will call back when they feel like it. I left message this morning and never heard back...hopefully I will hear from them Monday but I am not counting on it. It looks like I will not be able to drive until I hear back from them, then I have to mail them info, and then they schedule an inspection. My question is has anyone else experienced this and how long does the process take in Illinois? My other question is they gave me requirements for constructed vehicles and it states that bumpers must extend to the outermost part of tires and needs an adequate muffler. Obvoisly the quick jacks and sidepipes don't meet these 2 requirments. What have others done in Illinois to pass?

I am anxious to drive my new toy and it feels like it is weeks away with this process. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1454
Not Ranked     

8 years ago i just went to the currency exchange. you might want to give it a try.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS DAMSCH View Post
8 years ago i just went to the currency exchange. you might want to give it a try.
Did you get a 1965 title when you did that? I afraid if I go through them they may register it wrong. The Certificate of Origin has it as a 1965 Replica so that may not be a problem.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #647 brushed
Not Ranked     

I'm interested to hear more about this also as I will also be going through this process this year.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

I recieved my plates last month and I started the process in September!
Old 03-11-2011, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Sounds like a hassel in Illinois. You might want to register it in another state first and then transfer it to Illinois in a couple months. Have any relatives that live outside of Illinois? I know many have done that before that I have seen posts on....
Old 03-14-2011, 11:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlampe View Post
I recieved my plates last month and I started the process in September!
Did you recieve a temporary plate so you could drive it? If so, how long did it take to recieve temporary?
Old 03-15-2011, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

It only took about 2 months to get the temp tag.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: