View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 06:03 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra dave437 View Post
Bill,
I appreciate the information.
Let's say that someone runs the title through another state that is lenient on the description of the car. Then titles it from there in Ohio. The other state collects state sales tax and Ohio collects state sales tax. The only difference being is that the title now says 1965 Kirkham instead of 2011 assembled vehicle.
Why would Ohio care?
If you are not a full time resident of that "other state" (IE: you are not a licensed driver in that state), then this is really a moot point. Regardless, in todays day and age, it really does not matter what year or description is on the title....As for my warning of confiscation, while it has not happened in Ohio (yet), it has happened in several other states where a knock on the door is proceeded by the impoundment of the vehicle for title fraud. If you have more money than brains, then do it any way you like. If however you are a fairly intelligent human being you'll just title it the legally way, get in, turn the key and drive the heck out of it.........

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS